I Decided to Change My Goal Weight Again.

• I Decided to Change My Goal Weight Again. I think this is the third time I changed it. But I think it will be easier to maintain at the weight I picked now 145. I'm older and I might not be able to workout enough to keep it lower. I can always change my mind if I think I can go lower. Does anyone know what size I would be if I'm 5'4'' and 145 Lbs.?
  • I changed my goal a few times too. Right now I'm aiming for 150 then taking it one pound at a time until I feel that I'm at a comfortable weight. Goal weights are so hard to predict, but it is nice having that magic number to aim for!

As for your size at goal, depending on your body shape you'll probably be a size 8. You can check out mybodygallery.com for pictures of women at different heights/weights (and it's searchable).
  • Quote: I Decided to Change My Goal Weight Again. I think this is the third time I changed it. But I think it will be easier to maintain at the weight I picked now 145. I'm older and I might not be able to workout enough to keep it lower. I can always change my mind if I think I can go lower. Does anyone know what size I would be if I'm 5'4'' and 145 Lbs.?
    It would be next to impossible for anyone to tell YOU what size YOU would be at 145 lbs. All bodies are different. And that's okay. The answer will vary greatly. Just like different 145 lb, 5 foot 4 inch people have all different eye colors, so would be there dress sizes.

You just won't know till you get there.

And like you said, you can re-assess as you get closer and when you actually get there. It's up to you and you alone. Goal weights are not written in stone.
  • I agree, its impossible to know what size you'd be at a specific weight. I am 5'4" and at 145 I'd probably be a size 6 (even maybe a 4 on top). I'm an 8 mainly now but I'm hovering around 160.

Kitty
  • One day at a time VickieLou. I know it's fun to dream about the day, but just remember that it's never really over. You'll have to work at this for the rest of your life so getting to a specific goal weight number is just another day in paradise.

Oh and for the record, I'm 5'7" and weight 142 as of Wednesday morning and fit comfortably into most size 6 pants....though I was trying on Easter dresses a few weeks ago, and every single size 6 was to small around my rib cage...I needed a size 8 in the one I adored.

Just keep on going, and you will find your happy place!
  • I had to change my goal too.
  • I think most of us take the time to reflect on where we're at, where we want to be, and where we're headed. We may start out with this visual of ourselves when we first begin this journey and for most of us, we stop, reflect, adjust and move forward. I've changed my final 'goal' weight several times and finally said f it, I'll know it when I get there. As of now, it's 169, which is upper limit of my healthy range and then I'll go a lb at a time until I'm comfortable and maintenance is more -steady- if that makes sense. From snooping around that forum, I see alot of people swing within 5 lbs or so of their goal weight and seem to do so more effortlessly than if they kept striving for just that one-more-lb.
  • I don't really think all that much about my final goal - I picked a number that is within the healthy weight for my height with a few pounds margin. But until I get closer, I have no idea if I'm going to be happy there, or if it's even realistic for me to get there. I mean, if I get down to a weight that is stable, I feel good and healthy and look good at, I'll probably call it maintenance! And that could end up being something right around my currently listed goal, or it could end up being higher or lower. It's just still so far away - for now, my medium term goal is Onederland, and that will still be a major accomplishment so it's more than enough to keep me challenged for now, and whatever happens 30-50 lbs later is more than I want to put much focus on right now.
  • I had great difficulty choosing my goal weight when I started this journey. I started off wanting to be 149 so I was under 150lbs lol, then when I looked into BMI's etc I found that for my height to be just in the healthy weight range I need to be 145, so that is what my goal is set at for now.
    Having only just entered Onederland I've still got a long way to go, but although I've picked that number, I intend to see how I feel as the number drops, meaning how I look in clothes, naked, how I feel health and fitness wise, the size of clothing I'm in etc. I may not even get to that number, but I'll see, I may go lower. Just take it one day at a time.
  • I have no idea what size that will be... I guess it depends on your body type. But my goal is 150 and I'm guessing I'll be around a size 8ish.
  • Yes, I had a goal weight "in mind"- kinda. Which I did change up several times. I had one and than I raised it. Got there, lowered it. Which is kind of what I expected to happen.

If it weren't for 3FC and that little ticker thing, it really wouldn't have been *much* of a thought.
  • I'm another who has no real hard set goal. I just thought it would be cool to lose 100 lbs even and 135 is a nice weight within a healthy BMI. I know I won't know until I get there.

What's most important to me is my mini goals, my blood pressure and my heart rate.
  • I raised mine up a bit from 135, because I at my age it may be difficult to maintain. Anyway, it is just a number, really, what matters most is how I feel, and when I start lifting again, I'm sure I will look better at an even higher weight than 140.