Old 03-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

I did it...got all 5 minimeals in yesterday and calories were right at 1500. I was proud and never even felt the urge to eat extra.
Today- coffee, yogurt, berries
mid morning- pb on a thinbun
lunch -salad with a bit of cheese,ham and egg
afternoon-laughing cow and veggie sticks and bean dip
dinner- grilled porkchop and sweet potato and veggie blend
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Just popping in real quick this morning, as I will be on the road all day for work. I can't thank you guys enough for the support. I knew it wouldn't be easy...I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

mj - Oh. Gosh. Oh. Goodness. I. just. don't. know. (That's how I feel about lifting weights!) You are right! I just need to get my butt in the weight room and forget about all of my fears and apprehension and do it! Thanks for the push. I'll be reporting back on how that goes.

GO Beverlyjoy GO! Woohoo! Congrats on the 3 pounds!!! Thanks for the kind words (I needed them this morning...since I haven't been speaking too many of them to myself). So the scale situation: last week my hubby brought home a new digital scale because I have been wanting one forever. We just had one of the old scales that you can make move 5 pounds just by leaning a certain way (which I do by the way ) So I was so excited to have an "accurate" scale at home. That darn thing has really messed with my mind this week. I will get on it sometimes and it will tell me the same weight a few different times, but then will be 5 pounds different the next time I weigh. Same place on the floor, same position. I think I'm just going to donate it to the thrift shop and stick to my old one for now. BUT this just teaches me that I really don't need to be weighing so often! It's a disorder really Good luck with the trip...you will do great I just know it! Make it a repeat of your successful last trip

Today:
b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 5
s - banana - 2
l - ravioli, lite alfredo sauce - 8
s - orange, whole grain cookies - 2
d - LARGE salad with new low cal Trader Joe's Ranch (excited!) w/ some type of protein...probably some type of beans- 5

Exercise: 30 minutes cardio, lifting ( thanks mj)
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks-

Yesterday was a healthy day - I am grateful. I stayed mostly with my plan (YAY) - I did have a lolipop (unplanned) and counted it in. I was really low on my calories -so I figured it was OK. (not really OK, however) I need to remind myself to plan for special goodies...it's better that way.

Our wonderful little neighbor's always run over to say hello if we are outside at the same time. We've gotten into the routine of having a 'peanut party' when they come over. (actually dh started it last summer). I won't give them candy on a daily basis...but, peanuts are OK if mom or dad say yes. I held the bowl of peanuts for 30 minutes as they played with my grandson's toys - and I did not take a bite...YAY. I couldn't put the peanuts down because the dog would have eaten them.

That being said...I leaving to 'great unknown' of food today. I don't know what there will be around when I get to my stepmom's. Of course...there will be lots of 'goodies' and things I don't keep around. SO - I need to be careful about making good choices, keeping track, no seconds, record everything I eat, keep track of food exchanges the best I can, allow a couple extra 200 calories if it is necessary to stick with it, etc. It will be stressful...I'll take it a day/meal/snack at a time. I am allowing tastes of some of the special things. I packed a few pieces of fruit, fiber bars and rice cakes so I'll have some snacky things I am used to having around. I did OK the last time out of town - so I know I can do it if I have willingness. It is all about the willingness combined with circumstances.

DH just asked me if I was excited about the party, seeing lots of cousins, and stepmom's neat friends. I am really excited about that. It's funny - seems like dealing with food puts a bit of a damper on it. I mustn't let that happen. The weekend is not all about food, theoretically. It makes me sad/angry that for me it has to be dealing with food. Oh well...life's not always fair.

All I know is what I'll eat for breakfast today -
english muffin, almond butter, clementine

I will try to check when I can.

Have a great day....days. Let's all be kind to ourselves.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #19  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 248/231.4/150

Height: 5"1'

March 18. Such a weird day to pick to finally stop lurking on the forums and actually sign up. I didn't sign up to go on a diet. I did however, sign up to have accountability (other than the mirror and scale) and to share encouragement.

I have a million and one reasons for wanting to lose weight and of course have tried it all. However, this time is different in a weird way. When I have gotten back up on the wagon in the past, I had plans on what I would wear when I was smaller, things I would do when it was easier mentally or physically. This time I just want to fell good again. I feel great when I exercise (ok, sore but great) I feel great when I have healthy food fueling my body. So, why do I insist on eating things that run me down, things so loaded in fats, sugars, salts and chemicals just to make them taste good?

This time is different because I WANT to eat healthy. I want to feel good again. No, I want to feel GREAT again. I am encouraged every time I come to the this site and read your experiences. I hope that by finally signing up, I can help encourage you too. (after I bug you with what I am sure will be 495 questions!)

Goals today:
1. clean out pantry and fridge. Make a shopping list of natural foods and restock with healthy food. (staying out of the frozen pizza aisle)
2. Going back to the Y and reclaiming my corner treadmill that I used to be faithful to years ago, beg for forgiveness and rekindle the old flame!
bythenumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #20  

Good morning!

I think I may have woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! I don't feel very good and "feel fat" (you know what I'm talking about). Yesterday evening, I went to make my usual salad and took one bite and couldn't manage any more. I did the same thing with a homemade lowfat bean burrito (actually hubby ate both). I ended up with a small bowl of cereal. I don't know what's wrong with me. I hope I feel better soon...I was so exhausted after work yesterday that I skipped the gym and took an hour walk with my dog (I was proud I even did that!) I'm hoping today is a better day!

bythenumbers - Yay, I'm so glad you've decided to join us! It's always so nice "seeing" new people. I look forward to getting to know you better! I have found this thread to be so helpful and I hope you do too!

beverlyjoy - (I know that I sound like a broken record) Seriously, your posts just inspire me every morning. You are just so thoughtful, reflective, and kind.I was so down when I got on here and reading your post put a smile on my face and made me realize that if I just keep moving, I'll reach my goal eventually. Thank you! Have a wonderful trip! I know you'll do great!

mj - I let you down with the weight lifting yesterday Today is a new day!

Soulnik - You are just on my mind. How's it going? Hope you are doing well

Today:
s - yogurt, granola, walnuts, banana - 8
l - spinach ravioli, light alfredo sauce - 6
s - orange - 1
d - some type of wrap (trying to use up all the lettuce I bought for salads <---YUCK) - 6
s - whole grain cookies - 1

Exercise: 30 minutes cardio, WEIGHTS (You can DO IT Brandi!!!)
Old 03-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #21  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Work was SUPER hectic today....I was out of town at meetings until 2:30pm....hard walking into your office at that time of day and jumping in to stuff.....at least they had decent food...lots of fresh fruit! YUM!!!

I will catch up w/ everyone as soon as I can...maybe not today or tomorrow...but as of tomorrow at 4pm (or maybe 5....) I am on vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks....checking in and saying hi. Day one of my journey went well... I am so grateful! DH was eating Snyders Mustard Pretzels on the drive. I really wanted some...but, was wiling to say "You don't always get what you want, every time." Once I got past the craving - I was OK. WOw...so grateful. I kept track of my food and stayed within my food exchanges. So it went well. I did eat an extra bite of bread and one unplanned cashew...but, I am not going to worry about it.

Kind of plans to today
breakfast - pnb toast, fruit
lunch - cottage cheese & fruit, toast, veggies
snack - fiber bar, cheese
dinner - small amount of pizza (NO seconds) salad and lite dressing
snack - 3 ginger cookies (70 calories) fruit

MJ -hope things are going well....enjoy your time off...you deserve it!!

brandijune - you are wonderful, friend. IF anything I ever say or do is helpful to you, I am so thrilled. Really Glad you could change your meal to something simple yet healthy. Getting exercise when you feel crappy is a huge credit. Feel better..I hope you can get a rest this weekend.

bythenumbers - WELCOME!!!!! I am so glad you posted. Wanting to eat healthy makes all the difference. Welcome aboard.

Hi dgrammie....soulnic - hope you are OK.

Everyone have a great day!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #23  

Good morning!

I'm feeling a bit better this morning. However, my scale is still "stuck" and it honestly feels like it will never move again. I took an hour walk during my lunch break yesterday THEN went and did 30 minutes of cardio and lifted weights ("good job Brandi!") Did the scale show my hard work yesterday? NO, of course not! I'll just be patient and keep on keeping on. That's really all I can do.

Hope you all have a beautiful OP weekend! "See" you Monday...

beverlyjoy - YAY for you! One successful day down...many more to follow You are great. Thanks for the support!

mj - Woohoo...VACATION! That must feel great to look forward to! I hope you have a smooth last few hours before the break

dgramie - How are the mini-meals going?

bythenumbers
- I hope your first day here at 3FC was enjoyable! How are things going?

soulnik - How are things going my friend?

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Today:
s - yogurt, banana - 4
l - gardenburger wrap - 7
s - orange, apple sauce - 2
d - Taco salad - 6
s - whole grain cookies - 1

Exercise: 60 minute cardio at gym

Last edited by brandijune44; 03-19-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #24  

Hi All,

I've been binging all week. Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of my mom's passing. I've just been sad and tired and...spent all week. I didn't even have the heart to post or track what I've been eating because it's been so bad. My face has even broken out in the biggest, most painful zits because I haven't eat like this in so long.

Needless to say, I'm glad it's the weekend and the weather is nice here. I'm feeling lonely as I don't have any close friends here so I'm not sure what I'll do to get out of the house but I do plan to get out somehow.

I'm sure I'll be back OP next week and that this was just a temporary hiccup.

@brandijune44 - Thanks for thinking of me.

Have a good weekend everyone!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #25  

Height: 5'7"

soul_ HUGS and hang in there.
bythenumbers_ hi and welcome. I love your goals. Maybe I need to go back to sitting daily goals.

I am not doing well with the minimeals. I dont think it will work for me. I skip them or it makes me want to graze all day long. Today my bff is coming for a visit.ITs been a year since she was here and our visits are always full of fun and food and lots of walking..and more food and some chocolate thrown in.I have decided instead of stressing just to enjoy the day and make as good of decision as possible.
gotta come up with a new plan for food...
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #26  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Hello everyone

I have been posting randomly in other areas of the forum for awhile, but I decided to start posting in the 100's club. It's great to be part of a club and give/receive support from others who know where you are coming from. I posted my information in the member's profile sticky too

You gals are all doing so well! I see everyone dealing with the same struggles I had and some I still have. I have lost some weight but 30 pounds of it was a couple years ago but I didn't do it a healthy way. I started losing again in November at 222 lbs and it has been a process of learning how to do it the healthy way and making lasting changes. I am a night time binger and a comfort eater by nature. I have just started dealing with the binging this week. Until this point I have have been saving a lot of my calories for the evening so I was still losing but I want to do it right and not feel like a failure every time I eat and eat at night.

My breakthrough for the week: I ordered three milkshakes for my children and husband the other day. The lady told me I should order another one and just drink it or give it away because they had a deal where it was cheaper to order four than three! I told her "no thanks" because I knew I would drink that extra one. I ended up getting a fat free 70 calories treat cup instead and it tasted great. Just last month I would have jumped at the idea of that shake. I think I am growing in strength but I still feel week quite often when faced with yummy food
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:34 AM   #27  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

bythenumbers and sweetnlow--welcome!!! this is a great group!!!

soul--BIG hugs to you. I have been thinking about you.

Beverlyjoy--can't wait to hear about your trip!

brandijune--Keep at it, you CAN do this, I know you can!

dgramie--How was your visit w/ your bff? I'll bet you had a blast!

Hubby and i took advantage of the beautiful day yesterday, grabbed his camera and went to the zoo. He had NEVER been to a zoo! There was some construction, so not all animals were able to be seen, but we had a blast! We walked a couple of miles and had a lot of fun. He is already talking about going back in the summer.

Today we'll hang around and watch basketball, which is fine w/ me. Have a great day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote