Old 03-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #31  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkitten View Post
I dont plan on switching to "normal" size stores till I'm a 12/14 or so because Ijust don't want to have to deal with the transition phase
I plan to bury my head in the sand as much as possible until I get to those sizes too. LOL! I needed a few shirts to get me by. Most of my shirts were a 2X and were looking awfully sloppy on me since I'm now in a large. The larger sizes were making me look bigger than I am and that was depressing.

The good news is, I have some nice shirts now and I should be good until with shirts. I'll face the Capris problem once the hot weather hits.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

For me, the big issue is the difference in the way misses and plus sizes are cut. A 16 in a plus size store isn't the same as a 16 in a regular store, and it's not even quite the same as a misses 18 either. Because of having smaller legs and hips but a thick waist, I can't really wear plus sized pants at all - if they fit in the waist, they are way too big everywhere else. Misses clothing is generally cut slightly slimmer (with junior sizing being cut much more narrowly.) Tops are similar - if they are large enough to cover the girls adequately, then they are big and billowy below that, instead of having any sort of more body conscious fit.

I'm looking forward to being completely out of plus sizes as much for getting clothes that aren't cut to be as big and baggy as for the thrill of no longer being "plus sized."

I think some stores (Torrid maybe?) are a kind of hybrid plus/junior size, so they are bigger sizes with a bit more body conscious fit. But the styles I've seen have been a bit too trendy and young for me.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #33  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

i think torrid has gone to far with the vanity sizing ... i wear a 16 normally ( from GAP OLD NAVY and pretty much most of the places i shop with the exception of juniors sizing i wear a 17 there ) in torrid i was SWIMMING in a size 14. i didnt like that, and when i tried on a size 14 else where that gave me an awful muffin top ..... they gave me a false sense of hope !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote