Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 09:45 AM   #1  

Question Favorite Season

I'm an admitted Fall-o-phile. I love the cooler weather, the blue, clear skies, the color of the leaves, even the rain of fall seems different to me.

What's your favorite time/season of the year?

Do you find it easier/harder to lose weight at that time?

Last edited by anagram; 09-01-2002 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:06 AM   #2  
hot mom wanna be!

I love Fall too! Winter is too cold and kind of depressing, summer is too humid here. Spring is nice when it isnt raining all the time, but I have always prefered fall. The whole back to school feelings, getting new clothes (even as an adult!!) getting out the cooler weather clothes and looking forward to the holidays cause they are still far away!!
I do find it easier to lose weight in the fall. There are fewer parties like in the summer and holiday time. Its not too hot to get out and walk also. I also try to set a goal this time of year to lose a certain amount by Christmas!!
laura
Old 09-01-2002, 10:38 AM   #3  
JML
Success Story!!!

Fall's my favorite too. Anagram, I love your avatar picture because it reminds me of the Fall.

I love the cool, crisp air. It makes me want to move, to do things, to start something fresh and new. I love the feel of the wind, the leaves, the rains. I've been out of school for a while now, but I still feel the rhythm because I teach kids and my teaching schedule picks up more in the fall.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:45 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I love fall too!! I treasure each day because I know winter is coming....
besides, it's football season!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 01:43 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I'll have to agree with you, Slimdown, about football season! I am a Packers fan as well, but came to them at first because I just can't stop drooling over Brett Favre! (Couldn't you just eat him with a spoon? YUM!) I also am a huge college football fan. I've got season tickets to my alma mater.

But really, as far as seasons go, I'm a springtime girl. It's sunny, in the low '70s with a light breeze and no humidity. Time to open the sunroof and chase the winter mousiness out of my hair.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:42 PM   #6  
missaprylj

Definetly summer, people! I mean, when you're in school, it's obvious right? But all the seasons in Northern Wisconsin are beeeyoootiful. Have a great day. Peace! -Apryl

Old 09-01-2002, 04:30 PM   #7  

Have to say the fall, and not the Arizona fall, because they just don't have anything falling off trees until January. I love the fall in the midwest, especially around the Ozarks! I love the crisp weather and cool nights. I love to bundle up and go for an evening hike. I definately miss the St. Louis fall!
Old 09-01-2002, 05:25 PM   #8  

Interesting question. I love fall and it's definately my favorite, but I ALWAYS have a hard time losing weight in the fall. I'm going to have to give this some thought.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:51 PM   #9  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Fall? What is this fall you speak of? Here in Elko, we have 2 seasons, too hot, and too cold, and I hate both of them! back home though, I was rather partial to spring... nothing like Spring in Ohio... *glug* rain, rain and more rain, soothing to the soul I'd go walking in the rain in my bare feet, and this loooong black dress type thing (aging goth here, I'll admit it...) I'm sure people used to think I was nuts, but I didn't give a...you know
Old 09-01-2002, 08:25 PM   #10  

The spring is my fav. I love the fresh air, spring green buds on the trees, lovely colors. After winter being gloomy and cold, the warm fresh air of the spring is just wonderful.

Bella23
Old 09-03-2002, 09:23 AM   #11  
Losin It For GOOD!

I have two favorites (Is that allowed?) Spring and Fall.. To me they are the two in between seasons, and considering how extreme summer and winter usually are here, I am the most comfortable in fall and spring... I also LOVE the leaves turning and the first flower to poke out in spring... *sigh*
Old 09-03-2002, 10:49 AM   #12  

Oh, I just love fall! It's such a beautiful time of year. I love the cool, crisp weather, breaking out the comfy sweaters, and the color of the leaves. I've never tried to lose weight in the fall, so I'll guess we'll see how I do.

Winter is a close second to fall. I love the snow & cold weather (although not the FRIGID weather that we often get in Nebraska!). I love the holidays & curling up on the couch with my favorite blankie on those snow days
Old 09-03-2002, 02:34 PM   #13  

Fall...Leaves changing, apple picking, leaf raking, pumpkin picking, hiking, cool weather, Halloween, Thanksgiving...the colors..the moods. Everyone seems so relieved the hot summer days are over. It's a nice change...and it's when I feel best.

Love the winter months too, though after the first 3 snow falls..I've had enough.

And I love the start of Spring...the flowers and the birds chirping..always makes you smile.

The summer...I can do without. Always.

Closed Thread