Old 03-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default Spring has spung

yes the sun is out the cloudes are barely visible and well ok the wind is a bit chilly but its up in the high 40's here so my shorts and t'shirt are on.

after being layed up since new years day with chronic back pain do too having to forcibly removing a very large lady out of the pub on NYE.

yesterday i had my first lifting session of the year and i had zero pain. not even a twinge i've put on 30lbs since december as well beign layed up injured and with awful weather i got miserable and ate too much (again)

so a new year but belated and a new start. i hate back problems
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Shorts with high 40's?? You ARE ready for Spring! LOL! I aim for 60's at least.

The good news is that you are back and track again. I think it's awesome that you had a pain free weight lifting session. That's so encouraging. Do you have back strengthening exercises maybe a doctor has recommended. I suggest planks for strengthening the core and ab strengthing exercises are great too.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #3  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I might wear shorts in the 40s! But after an especially mild winter we've been getting snow and wind, so winter decided to settle back in and sit on us for a while.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #4  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

we had a cold winter well by our standards we had snow on the ground for a whole week which here is unheard of. the worst winter in 30+ years apparently. where i live it very rarely drop below freezing. maybe -1 or -2 over night but never for more than half a dozen days each winter.

No doctor recommended routines for my back i'll be moving into my old routine with light weights and build it up again. so just gonna be doing dead-lifts and good mornings with just the bar. lots of stretching too atm as i've been very much immobile i need to loosen up. been pushing the wii fit yoga for that.

the main thing is my diet has changed totally. but i'm not scale watching which is nice no pressure.

Breakfast 9.30 ish.
2x weetabix with skimmed milk (3 on lifting day) or 2 x toast with cottage cheese.

11 ish. Banana

Lunch. rice and pasta with mixed veg and either tuna or chicken

afternoon 2x digestive biscuits with my coffee.

Dinner. what ever really saturday i had a pizza. tonight i had salmon and rice last nigh i had gammon steak with boiled leek and melted cheese.

simples. no pills or anything like that. i do have a tub of protein shake but i don't really use it regularly if i dont' have a huge dinner on a lifting day i might have one before bed or something.
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #5  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

It's really beautiful here today too. I really want to be outside instead of here inside my office. At least I have a window.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Gorgeous day here (at long last) in the rolling foothills of the Catskills
Welcome back !
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I can travel to all of the beautiful places you live in my mind. I bet the Catskills are amazing in the spring and oh, the azalea bloom in NC...

Here in OH, it is a sweltering 59 degrees with sunshine (don't confuse that with a blue sky - our sky is white, I am pretty sure) and there are STILL piles of dirty, black snow that haven't melted yet. Crazy! Let's hope spring is here to stay. I didn't wear a coat today and actually turned off the heat in my car.

Last edited by BeachBreeze2010; 03-09-2010 at 03:25 PM.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote