Old 03-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default NSV: I am sore!

Ok, I am sore.

My shoulders are sore, and parts of my back are sore in that good way. Haven't felt that in a long time. So I know I'm at the place where my workout is challenging me. I found my starting point!

I'm on the 2nd workout on the "Green" of the Karen Lyons Kim Lyons: Sit Down & Shape Up Series and I am doing it with 3 & 5 lb weights.

I've screen and tried the first 15 min of Ellen Bartlett Fusion Flow and its too long for me yet at 45 min. I've screen Jillian Michael's 30 day Smash and the time frame of 20 min is better, but I'm not there yet. Maybe after the Purple Karen Lyons. So I have places to go when I finish the KL.

But just wanted to share.

For a long time I was stuck in a rut in my head because I'd been used to walking in 5Ks and doing gym workouts of 45-60 min before I was a mom. Changing gears to working out at home and going with DVDs that were shorter to accomodate for having a kid now was messing with my head because my heart wanted to be elsewhere.

One day I may go back to the gym scene because I enjoyed long cardio like that. But I'm not going to worry about it for now and not try to cope with the childcare nightmare any more. I'm going to do whatever it is that works for me right now, and with DVDs I like, this process is becoming easier to embrace.

Go me!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-08-2010 at 09:28 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #2  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Yay! Go you! That's fantastic you've found your starting place. For me that was a huge challenge when I first starting working out again. It drove me nuts because I remember when I could do so much more, so being back at the beginning took some getting used to. I loved (and still do) sore muscles. After years of being super lazy, I love feeling sore after a good workout. Congrats on your progress & keep up the great work!!!
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

great job - you EARNED that soreness the good way!

I'm not sure how old your child is but I like to exercise with my son. He's 5, and likes to mimic the moves I do. He's underweight (I know, how did *I* end up with an underweight kid? lol!) but I still think it's so important to model this behavior for him so he understands it's a basic part of daily life.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

YAY! I don't love the feeling, but I love what it represents!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote