Someone noticed!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Finally, 4 months and 2 days and 33.4 lbs later, one of my co-workers asked if I had lost weight and was complimentary about the progress I've made.

I know I can't be doing this just for others to notice, but I have to admit it was getting frustrating to not get any kind of recognition or feedback. For a while I thought it was because I was still wearing all the same clothes, but I have broken out a lot of clothing lately that I hadn't worn in a long time and I think that finally did the trick.
  • Congratulations! Even though we're all doing this for ourselves it's still sooo nice to get complimented on how well you've done
  • AWESOME!

It always feels so good to have someone notice....
  • I think wearing different clothes helps a lot! We look slimmer in clothes in the lower size than we do in our current size when it way to big. Plus, I think it attracts attention when you wear something new. Way to go!
  • Kudos !!! Wearing something different really helps . People see you every day, so I think when you wear the same things you wore before, it usually doesn't register.
  • Congrats! It is nice when people notice our hard work.
  • WTG Peanuts!!! People are so funny. One will notice right away, and another won't seem to notice at all (maybe the ones who focus on inner beauty??)

Anyway, for me, people didn't really notice the weight loss until I changed my hair. Then, they were all like, "did you lose weight."

Just get prepared-- you'll be hearing that more and more from here on in!
  • Thats great!! Plus people that see you alot like coworkers and family don't notice as quick cause they see you slowly lose. So it is really something for them to really notice. Great job!!
  • WTG! I know that feels so good. Keep it up!
  • thanks everyone!! It definitely does feel very good!
  • Congrats!! It's always lovely when someone notices!
  • Congrats, PeanutsMom!

No one has really noticed my weight loss. I can't believe even my neighbor has said nothing. My immediate family and my mom and dad know I am dieting and so compliment me, but others around me don't? I am not sure why, but surely they can see a 70 pound difference? I don't get it! But I guess the real reward is in how much better and healthier I feel.
  • Congrats PeanutsMom...I had that happen this week too. I felt all kinds of emotions...are we prepared for this?

So happy for you! HOOT!
  • WONDERFUL!

It's nice when folks start to notice....yay.
  • Awesome! Just like ubergirl said, now that the cat's out of the bag, people will be noticing like crazy. It's kindof bittersweet! (Because people will watch more closely now...lol )