Back Again

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I join 3FC's about a year ago, and I was sooo successful! I was losing an average of 10lbs a month. I was eating healthier, drinking more water, and I felt so good. Unfortunately, last April my cousins came in to town and everything ended. We ate out and it just sort of spun out of control.

I tried to salvage everything after they left, but for some reason just couldn't take those steps. I even went camping and hiking UP a freakin mountain to try and motivate myself. Didn't work. Throughout the summer, I stayed active by going to my nieces basball games (and sitting out in the HOT Louisiana sun...yikes) and running around with them.

However, last semester, I was a student teacher and literally had no time to do anything. You would think that teaching (where I walked all day and sat down for maybe 10 minutes per day) would help, but I actually gained a few pounds.

Fast foward to now, I'm out of school with no job and I'm completely depressed. Most of my day is spent on the couch because I have no money to do anything. I'm definitely a sad site. I'm scared to weigh myself because I know that I gained most of my weight loss from last year back.

The good thing is that I recognize I have a problem and have started the small changes that I hope will turn into bigger changes.

This week, so far, I have not had any soft drinks, nor have eaten out, drank more water, eaten salads for lunch and dinner, and tried to move more. I did try my 30 day shred video I used last time and I couldn't get through the first 10 minutes and today my legs are killing me!

Well, I'm going to get dressed and take my dog for a walk! Bye!
  • Welcome back !
  • Isn't it incredible how something can just totally derail your weight loss?? The same thing happened to me 2.5 years ago, I'm still amazed by it. It took me 2 years to get back on track, so it's great to see you didn't wait as long as I did!!

Welcome!
  • Glad to hear that you're ready, willing and able to make a change!

Now that you're home it would be a great idea to make a plan and a schedule so that you have some sort of structure to your day. You know what they say, "failing to plan is planning to fail".

You CAN do this. You can SO do this.
  • Glad you are back. So many people here - lose and come back after regaining some of the weight. The important thing is you are back!!! We are here to help you as you get going in your journey to good health.
  • Welcome back! So glad you are here...
  • You can do this. You can do anything. Jillian herself would tell you that it is ok if you can only do the first 10 minutes at first as long as you don't give up. She yells at people for saying "I can't", but she is ok with "I can't do it YET". One day at a time, and yes, the little changes will turn into big ones.
  • YAH! Welcome Back. Even though I just started here on 3FC...you could say "I am Back" with a vengence.

Small steps......that is how I have to look at it. I didn't wake up one day
    +100 lbs so I know I won't wake up tomorrow -100 lbs

KEEP COMING BACK HERE!
  • Thanks for welcoming back ladies! I'm currently planning for meals during the week on the weekends. So far, I'm doing relatively well. I've been sticking to my meals and drinking my water! As far as exercise goes, well, I'm still ridiculously sore from yesterday, so I'm going to start walking for 30 minutes two times a day.

Anyways, time to go back to American Idol .
  • Welcome back
  • Hey Tanee! Congratulations on achieving your goal!! I hope to have you perserverence this time around.

The good news it, I only gained 17lbs back, so I'm not completely in the hole! Time to start working out again!!
  • Welcome back. 2 30 minute walks and planned meals and you'll feel the results quickly. You'll just FEEL better. So will your dog!

Angie
  • welcome back, and great that you decided to turn things back around while you still had some of that loss, a lot of people don't catch things in time!
  • Glad you're back!
  • Welcome back! It is great that you are getting back on track before gaining anymore weight back. It sounds like you have a good plan.