Old 03-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

down 1.6 today, so 2.6 total of the 4 lbs from this week and only 1.4 to get back to my ticker. I'd love to be back there by Saturday, my normal WI day, so fingers crossed the whoosh from this weight I gained due to being sick continues!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #152  
Have faith...

S/C/G: 325/ticker/165

I have to say that it's quite depressing to stay the same weight for 3 days in a row, especially when I've been OP. I know I've just got to keep plugging away and hopefully I'll have a "whoosh" tomorrow.

Joni
Crushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #153  

Eliana - I agree, no dwelling on the cake. We do it, we accept it, we move on. Hope it was good though

I'm at 262.5 again today, so no change. It's nice to know it wasn't a fluke yesterday ROFL
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 298/269.8/180

I am up today...but thankfully only by .2!! It did not come as a surprise to me though. The school I work for seemed to celebrate St. Patrick's all day long with cupcakes, sugar cookies, and shamrock shakes!!! (and it is not an irish ethnic school!!) Plus one of the students in my class had a birthday, so more cupcakes! I resisted all the cupcakes, had a couple bites of the shake and 1/4 of a cookie. So being up by only .2 is not too bad for the day I had yesterday! I did have a salad and grilled chicken for dinner last night with an extra veggie on the side.
Way to go PeanutsMom! Glad to hear you are feeling better!
saksn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed View Post
I have to say that it's quite depressing to stay the same weight for 3 days in a row, especially when I've been OP. I know I've just got to keep plugging away and hopefully I'll have a "whoosh" tomorrow.

Joni
I think it's important to make sure that daily weigh ins are going to be helpful for you and not be discouraging. If they are depressing, maybe you should think about not weighing every single day?

(hope that's not too negative, but I think that there is no "one size fits all" approach, and you've got to do trial and error to see what works best for you)
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

PeanutsMom is right Joni. Weighing daily should not be a depressing act. Look at all the progress you've made so far. Write it down date by date if you need to! And drink more water. Maybe you're a bit dehydrated?

Ugh... I'm sick ladies. It SUCKS. I went up almost 2lbs on the scale. I know its just water my body is holding onto water because of this stupid cold but blech.
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #157  
Have faith...

Thanks for the reality check. I've weighed in daily before and started taking it too personally. I need to look at it more as information and less as a judgement on myself.

You know, I was just thinking this morning whether or not I would continue to eat on plan and exercise if I never lost a pound again. Honestly, I have to say, yes. And if the answer is yes, then the numbers shouldn't matter as much. This is more than just losing weight. This is conquering some challenging personal demons. Weight loss is a by-product (hopefully).

I've just got to get over this mental hump.

Thanks!
Joni
Old 03-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #158  

Crushed-Have you thought about weighing every other day? Maybe that way you would not see the daily ups and downs, but more progress. Soon spring weather will be here! It will be a new beginning again!
Old 03-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #159  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Yay. Yesterday I was 207.0, and today I'm 206.4. I think I'm lower than that, but I didn't have a chance to reset my scale this morning so I had to wait till 10 AM to weigh myself.

So last weekend is erased. Thank goodness lol.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:26 PM   #160  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Crushed - I had the same thing happen this week. I wonder if it's starting C25K? I have heard that our muscles retain water when we use them in new ways. I think TOM might be coming, but still. Like you, I am kickin' it and not much is happening scale-wise. I am just excited, though, because once we get to where we can run more, the weight will fly off! Think of all the calories we can burn in a 30 min run!! (At least it better or I will be one ticked off chick!)
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #161  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBreeze2010 View Post
I am just excited, though, because once we get to where we can run more, the weight will fly off! Think of all the calories we can burn in a 30 min run!! (At least it better or I will be one ticked off chick!)
I have friends that run and they hate running just so they can eat junk and stay skinny.
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #162  

Momtothree-I don't running...to me junk food isn't worth enough to run!!
How is everyone today?? TGIF!! It has been a long week here! I am looking forward to the weekend; but weekends are the hardest for me!
This morning I am down by 1/2; it isn't much, but it is 2 sticks of butter! I will take that! I hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #163  
Have faith...

Well, the scale finally moved. Too bad it was up.

Joni
Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #164  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

My scale and I had a disagreement this morning. I wasn't happy with the first number it gave me so I stepped on it again. Of course it showed me a different number so I stepped on it again. Different number again.

Grrrrr. This scale is less than a year old. I am so unhappy. We will see how it is tomorrow.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saksn4 View Post
I am looking forward to the weekend; but weekends are the hardest for me!
I'm just the opposite, weekends are easier for me. Work = stress = makes me want to eat. I'm bad

I totally forgot to step on the scale today. I didnt dare do it with wet hair, I have so much of it I get weighed down with the water lol
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote