Old 03-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #16  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerblue View Post
- I am not really stocking any horribly unhealthy things, but its amazing how you can make some ridiculous conconction up.
Mmmmhmmmm....I've broken out the box of prunes to snack on when desperately wanting something sweet but fighting a craving. I purged my home of all junky food so the prunes was all I had that was chewy and sweet. Not that I paired them with anything but...C'mon, Prunes? When I'm craving something...1 or 2 won't help! I ate about 15. LOL Can I just tell you at 3 am, I regretted that decision. TMI, I woke up with cramps, tried to pass gas but shat my pajamas instead.

I used to be a big time 9pm snacker, too. I switched it up with a cup of hot Camomile tea with 2 tsp Honey and 4 oz sugar free/fat free yogurt that I plan into my day. It took me about a week of gutting it out...until the habit of the tea/yogurt combo kicked in and now that's my habit. Right after the tea, I brush, floss and gargle with original Listerine to REALLY send a signal to my mouth that we are DONE eating.

Congrats on resisting the urge. It does get easier. Welcome to day 2!!

Last edited by Michelle98272; 03-02-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #17  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle98272 View Post
Mmmmhmmmm....I've broken out the box of prunes to snack on when desperately wanting something sweet but fighting a craving. I purged my home of all junky food so the prunes was all I had that was chewy and sweet. Not that I paired them with anything but...C'mon, Prunes? When I'm craving something...1 or 2 won't help! I ate about 15. LOL Can I just tell you at 3 am, I regretted that decision. TMI, I woke up with cramps, tried to pass gas but shat my pajamas instead.

HAHAH when you wrote PRUNES, I re-read that and had to laugh then thought that might not be a good idea then read that at 3pm it wasn't haha

Yah i was looking at a piece of celery with hershey kisses i use for baking, thinking i could melt it on there - oy!

thanks for the support
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #18  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I also vote for it not being a small victory, it's huge. You can manage day 2 as well, and 3, and 4, and to infinity. You are a strong #FC chick, and you can do anything.

Walking is great exercise. I am working on becoming a runner, so I walk/jog/run on the treadmill a lot. I also walk around my neighborhood when the weather is nice. I do DVDs (mostly Jillian ones), Wii stuff, dumb bell exercises, dance, zumba classes, bike, elliptical, or just march in place while watching a movie or something. As long as you're moving, it's all good.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 273/219/145

Height: 5'5"

That's great!! Good job with will power!!

We save our dessert for 9pm because if we eat it earlier by 9pm I gotta have something to eat. My solution was to save some points for my 9pm snack. It's this time of day that I have the hardest time with. haha.
slimsilhouette2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #20  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

That is great! Keep it up!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #21  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Congrats!!! thats a wonderful NSV to celebrate and each time you do it, it becomes more and more ingrained.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #22  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

That was funny, Summerblue...I needed that !
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #23  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

That is SO great! I am only about two months into this, and I can tell you, my binging has become lower in calories, with more time in-between. One thing that really helped me was actually ACCOUNTING for my 5 am binge by allowing just enough calories for a glass of 1% milk and a piece of fruit, or a single Tb of natural PB. Since starting my IR meds, and making sure I can have SOMETHING for my early blood-sugar low, I have only binged twice, and each time it was because I didn't get enough at dinner. Gotta save for that, too, lol.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:25 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I think it's great. I'm like you, my house can be completely free of crap food but if I REALLY want to binge, I will find something to eat. Usually I'll go for my whole grain cereal, or some cheese. Is it a bad food choice? No, but eating an unplanned extra 2 bowls, or 200 cals of cheese is still considered a binge for me.

However, just take it one day, one food choice, one bite at a time. Pretty soon it will be more habit to make that healthier choice, then to not to.

As someone else once said, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote