Old 03-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Made my way back

I don't think I've been on here since November. I did not do well with the holidays and it unfortunately didn't stop there.The sad part is, looking back through my food journals from last year, which I kept up with pretty well, I can see when and where the control over my binge eating started to creep back in...it was July. It didn't happen all at once, I still managed to lose and then maintain for several months, but the writing was on the wall.

The good news is, I've been on plan for 8 days now. I've gotten completely away from sugar and anything sweet. The inner two-year old in me has been throwing an all-out temper tantrum...the kind that embarasses the parents and gets looks of horror from strangers, but I woke up today, and for the first time in a week, I was okay with the food I need to eat.

In the past 3 months, aside from regaining over 30lbs, I have stopped running (after working SO hard to run a 5K in November), stopped exercising, my depression, which was practically non-exsistant, is back and almost worse than before. That all is changing now. Now that I've got my eating back under control, I'm going running tonight, walking on my lunch break. I have resistance bands to start back with strength training. And most importanty, I am back to food journaling. This time I'm going to pay more attention to what I write down so I will see the sliding before it gets out of contol again.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #2  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

That is great that you have jumped back on the bandwagon. It is also wonderful that you are able to look back at your food journals see what happened and know to look for those clues again. Congratulations for getting back on track.
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #3  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Glad your back!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back, Amanda.

Glad to hear that you are thinking this through. Slip ups are normal. Getting back on track is not just doable, but the most important thing you can do!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #5  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Amanda!

P-I-C! Small world! We might know each other!

I admit that I haven't taken my weight loss efforts public yet. A few people have noticed, but it isn't something dramatic yet. Regardless, it's cool to see someone from the 'hood on this site!

Glad you're back and in the groove!

Anne

Last edited by BeachBreeze2010; 03-01-2010 at 04:27 PM.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Welcome back! It's great that you have been able to figure out where you went wrong, recognized it and are back on track. I hope to see you around more often.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote