Old 02-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Default The last couple of weeks.....

I have been fighting discouragement. I have been going to the doctor to figure out why I'm so fatigued all the time. He has a good plan and it's just going to take awhile to get it all figured out.

Today is the first day that I've posted in quite awhile. I have been tired and I've not been losing weight. It's been bouncing up and down +/- 2 pounds. I haven't been eating well. I haven't gone back to my old ways but I certainly haven't been eating the right kinds of foods. I would love to figure out why I turn to carbs when I'm feeling weak and frustrated! LOL!!! I haven't been watching my calories either. Activity level remains the same. Yesterday was a good day and while out with some friends I was able to get some good counseling from one who was once a personal trainer. I'm in a good mindset today ( a good nights sleep was soooo helpful!) and I'm ready to recommit!

I guess that's the whole reason for this post. I had a little setback. I think it's mostly physical. When I'm this tired it's just hard to do the right thing. But, I'm back. No serious damage done. This is a big break through for me. In the past I would hit a wall and give up all my hard work. Not this time!!!!

I am back on the 'eating right' train. I am adding some additional workout time on my off days of water class. I just found that the Discovery Health Channel has a daily workout series that I'm going to try. Every day there are two shows and they are different every day. It will be nice to try some different things and shake it up a little!

Wish me well!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Wishing you well and welcome aboard the "eating right" train!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #3  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

It sounds like you are working hard to take care of yourself on all fronts; and you're picking yourself up, dusting off, and continuing on your journey.

Keep going! We all need to be able to do that - I'm not sure I have that skill yet, but I'm getting there.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #4  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I like some of the dance stuff that they have on discovery health. I am sorry that you have been feeling discouraged, but I am glad that you have a new, strong plan of action. Good for you for not giving up.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:57 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

yeah, there's something about carbs that's comforting, or something. maybe they give more of an immediate sense of fullness when you eat them.

congrats on finding your way through the lethargy and getting back on the train you want to be on.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #6  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

We have similar stats and I just wanted to say keep up the good work. Don't settle for good enough you will get to your goal, just keep looking forward not backwards. HUGS
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #7  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

I'm with you, I'm just not organised enough to go to the doctor yet....

One thing I've realised is that when I'm tired, self medicating with food (coffee, chocolate, carbs etc) just makes me feel worse! I'm slowly learning to talk myself out of eating junk when I'm tired by imagining how I'll feel afterwards.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote