3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   So what's your FAVOURITE lunch (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/194690-so-whats-your-favourite-lunch.html)

cfmama 02-19-2010 03:19 PM

So what's your FAVOURITE lunch

that is healthful of course and one that you eat regularily on your journey.

My FAVOURITE lunch is...

1 full can of tuna, drained and mixed with mustard, wasabi paste, lemon pepper seasoning and put on top of rice cakes spread with laughing cow cheese. I usually have a small side salad or a red pepper OR 15-20 cucumber slices with...

calories?
tuna- 120
rice cakes- 80
laughing cow- 70
wasabi and mustard - 0
cucumbers- 20

total calories: 290 calories. And it's a HUGE amount of food!!!!

so what's yours?

BeachBreeze2010 02-19-2010 03:30 PM

Spicy brown rice tuna suhi roll - 363 calories for 12 pieces - that's a LOT of food!

I love sushi and as long as I get brown rice and avoid the tempura, it's all good!

My meals are pretty spread out. Breakfast is typically 250 calories, mid-morning snack about 150 calories, lunch about 350, afternoon snack 15 calories and dinner about 500 calories.

FitGirlyGirl 02-19-2010 03:37 PM

I make a quiche with egg beaters, spinach, tomato, bell pepper, onion, low fat ricotta, and an italian cheese blend. Even with a crust it is only 178 cal. for 1/8 of the pan. It is soooo good. I love to have a slice of that with a spinach salad. I also love to cook a chicken breast and dice it up and toss it with a bit of buffalo sauce, then I put that on top of some spinach and add some low cal ranch that I make using plain yogurt, yum yum yum. My third fav. lunch is a turkey and spinach sandwich on a multi-grain sandwich thin with low call swiss cheese and some steamed veggies with a little plain yogurt on them.

Ok, so I'm spinach obsessed!

traci in training 02-19-2010 03:38 PM

Baked sweet potato or yam, frizzled cabbage, piece of wasa with provolone melted on it. Complete heaven! Calories for wasa + cheese = 70, cabbage maybe 40 cals, sweet potato depends on size - probably 200 or so. I call it a 350 calorie lunch.

Michelle98272 02-19-2010 03:46 PM

My favorite is my big salad. 2 cups lettuce mix, 1 cup baby spinach, a handful of sliced mushrooms, sliced carrots, celery, a tomato, maybe a chopped apple if I have one, then top it with a sliced chicken breast or two hard boiled egg sliced, finished off with balsamic vinaigrette.

The other day I used just baby spinach, two boiled eggs with hot balsamic vinaigrette dressing and made a wilted spinach salad. It was SO good.

I calculated my biggest salad once and it came to 350 calories. I get so full when I eat these salads that I usually have a twinge of guilt for "overeating". I typically associate the feeling of fullness with over doing it calorie was as I over ate as a rule in the past. I'm working on my wrong thinking along with my wrong eating!

PeanutsMom704 02-19-2010 04:44 PM

My lunch is the same almost every day - a really big salad with a couple of types of lettuce, carrots, cucumber, radish, onion, a hardboiled egg, some chicken and an ounce or two of avocado. I also use a fair amount of dressing plus some bacos, and I have a medium whole wheat pita with it (or sometimes, cold cooked pasta or rice or potato in the salad itself).

It's a lot - anywhere from about 525 to 700 calories depending on how much of everything I add (I weigh and measure it all as I assemble it). But it's my main meal of the day, my breakfast is around 200 and supper is usually around 300-400. I'll make the salad lower in calories if I know I'm going to have a bigger than average supper. And I usually don't have a snack during the day, I enjoy my salad more and feel happier and more satisfied having the big salad with lots of things I love than I do if I try to cut back on the salad and fit a snack into my schedule instead.

oodlesofnoodles 02-19-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle98272 (Post 3161644)
My favorite is my big salad. 2 cups lettuce mix, 1 cup baby spinach, a handful of sliced mushrooms, sliced carrots, celery, a tomato, maybe a chopped apple if I have one, then top it with a sliced chicken breast or two hard boiled egg sliced, finished off with balsamic vinaigrette.

The other day I used just baby spinach, two boiled eggs with hot balsamic vinaigrette dressing and made a wilted spinach salad. It was SO good.

I calculated my biggest salad once and it came to 350 calories. I get so full when I eat these salads that I usually have a twinge of guilt for "overeating". I typically associate the feeling of fullness with over doing it calorie was as I over ate as a rule in the past. I'm working on my wrong thinking along with my wrong eating!

What do you mean by "wilted spinach"? Sorry, I've just heard ladies on here talking about wilted lettuce and I always thought that was bad haha.

And my favorite lunch is some grilled chicken tenders on whole wheat bread (with spicy brown mustard, light mayo, and a sandwich sprinkle), feta cheese, and a quarter of an avacado. I usually have BBQ pop chips and an apple on the side, and a glass of diet pepsi. It's so nummy =] It's sort of a lot of calories, but I stay full for a really long time. I'm trying to make my dinner a smaller meal in the day cos I can't fall asleep if I eat too close to dinner. I get like restless leg syndrom or something lmao.

roxmysox 02-19-2010 05:36 PM

Lately I've been hooked on tuna and a couple 100 cal. mini bagels! YUM! Each 100 cal. bagel is only 1pt, and a whole can of tuna in water is 4. I put a little sweet pickle relish and light mayo, and I'm good to go!

LizR 02-19-2010 05:52 PM

What a great thread! My current favorite is the beefy cheesy quesadilla from Hungry Girl's 200 under 200 with a spinach and broccoli slaw salad and Waldorf Farm calorie free ranch dressing.

Michelle98272 02-19-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oodlesofnoodles (Post 3161770)
What do you mean by "wilted spinach"? Sorry, I've just heard ladies on here talking about wilted lettuce and I always thought that was bad haha.

Wilted lettuce=bad. Spinach that has been wilted by a hot vinegary dressing=oh heck yeah, this is good!! LOL

:dizzy: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/sou...inachsalad.htm

Here is a link for spinach with a hot bacon dressing...as I'm on a quest for a little bit more healthful eating, hot bacon grease doesn't factor in....but the boiled eggs and hot balsamic vinaigrette dressing makes a nice substitute. You still get the hot acidity of the vinegar without a ton of fat.

choirgirlhotel 02-19-2010 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle98272 (Post 3161644)
My favorite is my big salad.

Me too!

I get my boyfriend to cook up some chicken on the weekend (he cooks it various ways, but it's usually kind of like pulled chicken with some sort of spices). Then I put it into half-cup containers and freeze it.

Then I make my salad with lots of dark green leaf lettuce, little cubes of low-fat mozza, green onion, cherry tomatoes, add the chicken after warming it in microwave and low-fat sundried tomato dressing.

I will sometimes switch the chicken for a boiled egg and avocado.

I seriously love my salads sooo much! If I'm super hungry I add a cup of lentil soup or something afterward.

Actually I have a question about my chicken - is a half-cup of pulled chicken breast a good amount for a salad? I know people say "one chicken breast" and I know the size of that, but what about pulled chicken? how much is a good amount?

~CGH~

Shmead 02-19-2010 06:37 PM

I don't really eat a meal at all, but in my lunch box every day I pack:
200 grams of chicken breast (baked with onion soup mix)
300 grams frozen strawberries
250 grams baby carrots
2 sticks of string cheese

That's about 700 calories, but it's a ton of food. I just graze out of my lunch box from 10 until 3 or so--couple carrots here, a bite of chicken there, half a thing of string cheese.

Michelle98272 02-19-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shmead (Post 3161874)
I don't really eat a meal at all, but in my lunch box every day I pack:
200 grams of chicken breast (baked with onion soup mix)
300 grams frozen strawberries
250 grams baby carrots
2 sticks of string cheese

That's about 700 calories, but it's a ton of food. I just graze out of my lunch box from 10 until 3 or so--couple carrots here, a bite of chicken there, half a thing of string cheese.

Ummm....chicken is meat. ;) I'm just kidding!

marigrace 02-19-2010 06:47 PM

It is pretty cold here in winter. It is nice to have a hot bowl of homemade soup. Today it was beef and barley-132 calories, a piece of wasa, with yogurtcheese and a tsp of jalapeno jam-100, an orange-80, and some herbal tea w/a tsp of honey-17calories.
Total-330

Shmead 02-19-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle98272 (Post 3161881)
Ummm....chicken is meat. ;) I'm just kidding!

? I said meal. Like, I never say "this is lunch" or "this is dinner" (I do sorta have breakfast). I just nibble nibble nibble.