Allergic Reaction :(

• As I posted in an earlier post about the site I found. I have just found out I am allergic to the Rocky Road protein bars. My favorite! It sucks! Anyone else allergic to any of the diet products they were using? I get itchy all over and a rash forms on my face, back, breasts and legs. They were soooo darn good.
  • Aww, bummer! I don't know if you would call it an allergy, but if I eat eggs or oatmeal I get really, really, really nauseous. And i LoVeEee oatmeal! Since I don't eat a lot of meat it's hard to get protein, so not being able to eat eggs sucks!
  • What in the bars caused the break out?? Any idea?
  • Yeah.. good question.. that's really weird that it had such a big reaction! hope you're feeling better though!
  • hmm is it one that is enhanced with herbal supplements by any chance? hubby has a similar reaction any time he has something with guarna or ginko in it & he had that problem with a few of the drinks he was getting and some of the bars.
  • Let me post the ingredients. This is off the website.
    I am not allergic to eggs, milk, soy, peanuts or wheat

Nutritional Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Bar Servings Per Container: 7
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 170 Calories from Fat 70

Total Fat 7g
    Saturated Fat 4g
    Trans. Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 5mg
    Sodium 50mg
    Potassium 0mg
    Total Carbohydrate 12g
    Dietary Fiber <1g
    Sugars 5g
    Protein 13g
    Iron 6% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
    Vitamin A 15% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
    Vitamin C 10% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
    Calcium 6% (2,000 Calorie Diet)

I n g r e d i e n t s

Protein Core (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chocolate Coating (Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin [an emulsifier], Vanilla), Lycasin Syrup, Glycerine, Soy Protein Isolate, Maltodextrin, Water, Almonds, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Powder, Hydrolyzed Gelatin, Egg Whites, Invertase, Vanilla, Chocolate Flavor, Soy Lecithin (an emulsifier), Potassium Sorbate.

Allergy Information: Contains soy and milk products. Manufactured on equipment that processes wheat (gluten), egg, peanuts and treenuts.
  • Just a thought here. I am not allergic to whole soy products (like tofu), but I do have an allergic reaction to soy protein isolate. I generally stick with whey protein instead.

But, people can become allergic to almost anything. I would stop eating them completely because the reaction could get worse.

Jay
  • That's not good! I'm not allergic to any foods (thank goodness) but I do have a lactose intolerance. I can have dairy occasionally, but not on a regular basis. Unfortunately that takes out whey protein, something I discovered after I tried to make some shakes, lol. Oh well.
  • So sorry about your allergies. I don't have allergies but my little nephew is allergic to soy. Some people don't have reactions to small amounts of soy protein but larger amounts give them an allergy. Maybe that is what happened to you?

Hope you feel better soon.
  • I'm not allergic to anything, per se, but I react to foods.

Unripe bananas hurt and take forever to digest; ripe bananas however act as a laxative. Apparently both reactions are common.
    Kiwi hurts too
    sweeteners give me migraines