3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Store NSV (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/194601-store-nsv.html)

Loving Me 02-18-2010 12:27 PM

Store NSV

Today I went into town to run some errands. I very rarely go to town because it's difficult to park and most of the things I need I can get at the supermarket, but I had a list of a few things and needed to get my glasses checked at the opticians so today was the day.
I didn't realise til I was stood in one of the shops that I suddenly felt weird. It was then it hit me that this was one of the main stores I used to go to to buy my binge food before I began this journey last summer. I used to go to town once a fortnight and go to three or four stores and stock up on binge food, then take it home and hide it for my daily binges when I was home alone....
When I had this realisation today it was like all of a sudden I was stood looking at this other person (the old me) and thinking, why did I do that to myself for so long? I looked at the shelves with all the junk on them and although I was tempted to get a couple of small treats, looking down at myself with my smaller jeans and flattering top on, I realised I really didn't want them.
I think I've come a long way...

ubergirl 02-18-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loving Me (Post 3159214)
Today I went into town to run some errands. I very rarely go to town because it's difficult to park and most of the things I need I can get at the supermarket, but I had a list of a few things and needed to get my glasses checked at the opticians so today was the day.
I didn't realise til I was stood in one of the shops that I suddenly felt weird. It was then it hit me that this was one of the main stores I used to go to to buy my binge food before I began this journey last summer. I used to go to town once a fortnight and go to three or four stores and stock up on binge food, then take it home and hide it for my daily binges when I was home alone....
When I had this realisation today it was like all of a sudden I was stood looking at this other person (the old me) and thinking, why did I do that to myself for so long? I looked at the shelves with all the junk on them and although I was tempted to get a couple of small treats, looking down at myself with my smaller jeans and flattering top on, I realised I really didn't want them.

Oh Loving Me!!! This is a HUGE NSV, and one that I can completely relate to. I had the EXACT SAME thing happen when I went into a former binge store for a cup of coffee and didn't realize until I had come out that I hadn't EVEN LOOKED at the donut case.

That was my pattern too-- I went to certain stores, alone, bought all kinds of crap, hid it, and ate it either in the car, or alone. What a LOUSY life.

Not only are we slimmer, but we don't have to live like that anymore. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

PeanutsMom704 02-18-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loving Me (Post 3159214)
I was tempted to get a couple of small treats, looking down at myself with my smaller jeans and flattering top on, I realised I really didn't want them.

Don't just think it, you KNOW you've come a long way!! way to go!

haleysmommy5402 02-18-2010 12:51 PM

that is so wonderful :) isn't it awesome how little things like this make us feel so good!!

FitGirlyGirl 02-18-2010 01:04 PM

:yay: I felt something similar the first time I was able to grab hubby's cookies for him from the snack aisle instead of making him get them himself. It's a wonderful thing to have control over ourselves.

time2lose 02-18-2010 01:13 PM

This brought tears to my eyes. This is a very special NSV. Congratulations!

calluna 02-18-2010 01:42 PM

This is great news!!! I love moments like that that come on us by surprise.

Heavenlymom 02-19-2010 01:05 AM

WTG! That's the biggest accomplishment!! Knowing you may want them and doing it are two different things and you resisted the temptation!! Rock on!!:carrot:

Wizzie 02-19-2010 08:44 AM

Wow! That's an incredible NSV! WTG!