Why I'm glad I started last June...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well, for those of you who have been following the saga of UBERGIRL...my fabulous trip abroad got canceled-- rescheduled, due to some issues. But not before I purchased a BUNCH of fabulous clothes!

But, this morning, I get a really nice email from an old and dear friend....that she's planning a mini-reunion of some of her closest friends from college. How fun is that? If she had planned it for last year, instead of feeling excited I would have had a feeling of panic and dread.

I started this life transformation back in June, and I've had to do a lot of things along the way where I might have wished I was thinner. But with each passing day I've grown in fitness and weight loss, and more importantly, self-confidence.

It's been a long 9 months, and it has not always been easy to drag my butt to the gym, slog though workouts, not eat what I want, and stay on track.

But, how many times, just in the past week, have I been glad that I started back then. How many pains have I been spared, how much worry and anguish and self-doubt!

I used to feel so trapped in my problems, like there was no way out. Now, I realize I'm HAPPY!
  • I am so happy for you.

Except about the trip of course. Maybe it can be rescheduled soon.
  • I know just how you feel. It's really great to look back and think how far you've come, even if you've still got a way to go.
    And realise just how different things are now and how much more you can and actually do want to do.
  • Oh heavens, yes! Isn't it just such a RELIEF to have already been into this for quite a while now?
  • yay for you, uber!!!!

and yes, it's great to be this far in, and have all that success and practice to build on!

I can't remember who, so I'm sorry for not giving them credit, but someone has in their signature a saying of something like a year from now, you'll wish you started today.
  • You make me smile I am so happy that you are at such a great place in your journey. Your peacefulness and dedication just SHINE through
  • I'm going to see my family this spring and I've been thinking the very same thing!

Congrats on all the hard work, dedication and progress!
  • I am happy for you! Isn't it amazing what a difference just 9 months can make?
  • Quote: Oh heavens, yes! Isn't it just such a RELIEF to have already been into this for quite a while now?
    I actually thought several times yesterday of something you posted-- about how you were going to do a bunch of things "because this is your life now..."

That really spoke to me! After a while it starts to sink in....

This is our life now.
  • Aw, I'm so glad it's sinking in for you. Really, there DOES come a point where you realize it's all changed, that this is IT.
  • Quote:
    I can't remember who, so I'm sorry for not giving them credit, but someone has in their signature a saying of something like a year from now, you'll wish you started today.
    I haven't seen that in a while, but it caught my eye and stuck on my first day here.

Uber, I'm sorry your trip has been canceled but excited that you are looking on the bright side of things.
  • Quote: Well, for those of you who have been following the saga of UBERGIRL...
    I've been following the saga of ubergirl! You're one of those who provides such inspiration around here, and I'm glad you're in such a good place these days.
  • I am so happy for you. It's so so SO hard to get started... but once you're into it... it's just a relief you've come this far already!
  • UberGirl, just wait it's going to get better and better! You are doing awesome!
  • WTG!!! Keep up the great work!! You'll have them all jelous lol.
    Can't wait to hear about your reunion.