3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Leaving the 40's on a different side this time! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/194471-leaving-40s-different-side-time.html)

Ten Years 02-17-2010 08:53 AM

Leaving the 40's on a different side this time!

No questions here, just a comment (although I am more of a lurker!) I was at 240.2 when I weighed in this morning. My starting weight was 270, and it seems every time I get into the 40's I always end up leaving them at the wrong end. I slip back up into the 50's, once all the way back to 260. So this time, I am going to get past this little obstacle! I'm leaving the 40's at the bottom this time instead of the top. See me in the 30's next Wednesday!

Eliana 02-17-2010 08:57 AM

That's so wonderful! I know you can leap over that obstacle. And you are not alone. I've read many, many stories like yours.

Good for you! :carrot:

Ten Years 02-17-2010 09:03 AM

Just thinking about this in the minutes since I've posted... I have realized I have a pattern. When I get down to this point I think I'm on a roll and don't need help any more. I quit going to DailyPlate, I quit tracking every bite I eat, and I quit reading the insightful, inspiring, connecting posts from the people HERE! I need to remember to stick with what works and that I'll probably always need these tools.

Beverlyjoy 02-17-2010 09:08 AM

THAT'S A WONDERFUL ACCOMPLISHMENT - THE PERFECT DIRECTION!

Gracie789 02-17-2010 09:17 AM

That's awesome! Good for you recognizing your self-destructive patterns. For me whenever I get near a big milestone that's usually when I want to drift off plan. You just got to stay strong and keep going. Congrats on your progress and I can't wait to read next week that you've exited the 40's on the right side! :cheer3:

time2lose 02-17-2010 11:26 AM

Congratulations, that is wonderful!
Quote:

I need to remember to stick with what works and that I'll probably always need these tools.
That is an important lesson for all of us!

PeanutsMom704 02-17-2010 11:34 AM

great progress so far - keep going in the right direction!!!

maybe post here every day to keep yourself accountable? And also to post that you tracked your food, too.

ubergirl 02-17-2010 12:11 PM

Ten Years....

I've stalled at every single weight that seemed significant to me. I stalled at 250, 230, and 225.

I can not attribute any of those stalls to changing behavior, eating more or exercising less. They just happened. Eventually, I got through.

I'm a COMPLETE HEAD CASE when it comes to certain numbers, but I've noticed that even if I don't believe it's going to happen, eventually it does as long as I keep plugging away.

you can do it!

JustBeckyV 02-17-2010 09:18 PM

Awesome!! Hang in there! i have been down that path as well - I lack a little here or there and man do I notice!