3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Table for two... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/194194-table-two.html)

ANewCreation 02-14-2010 02:26 PM

Table for two...

Reservations: Table for two at a lovely historic inn.
Eggs Florentine: perfectly done, $11.00.

Being able to comfortably navigate a very congested dining room:

PRICELESS!

These are the moments I savor. These are my NSV's! Navigating the room or fitting into a booth comfortably as a size 22 was at times....challenging. Always scoping out the room and trying to come up with the best plan, picking up chairs or excusing myself, having people trying to move out of my way...well, it was a way of life at one time. It still surprises me that I can move more comfortably and fit comfortably in just about any place.

Wow!

What's your 'priceless' moment????

PeanutsMom704 02-14-2010 04:19 PM

that's a great NSV!! and it sounds like it was a lovely brunch, too.

ANewCreation 02-14-2010 04:26 PM

It was a lovely brunch. Reasonable portions--not a giant platter of food. Traded my potatoes for my hubby's fruit AND when I felt full, I left the remainder on my plate.

Yes, it was a lovely brunch in more ways than one! It's days like this that keep me hanging on when the going gets tough ;)

paris81 02-14-2010 07:43 PM

That's great! I guess those NSV's sometimes seem to come from the unexpected places!

JustBeckyV 02-14-2010 10:25 PM

Nice!! I know how you feel - I have trouble still though sometimes remembering I am not as big as I was and can fit in places I couldn't before.

Beverlyjoy 02-15-2010 06:28 AM

FANTASTIC!

time2lose 02-15-2010 08:40 AM

What a great NSV! I am also able to navigate better but it is still hard for me to believe that. I am constantly surprised at how easy navigating is!

ANewCreation 02-15-2010 11:36 AM

Yes, I know what you mean. When we were shown our table I felt anxious because it was in the back corner and I automatically started thinking 'oooh, how am I going to get all the way back there?' But, I did it and it was such an awesome feeling! I still dread sitting in a booth and it always surprises me how much easier it is these days. As a matter of fact, I took my middle son out to lunch last week and actually felt like a small child because the booth was oversized and it was so roomy! I had to sit on the edge of my seat to reach the table! In the past it was one of the few restaurants that had a comfortable booth for me.

Michelle98272 02-15-2010 11:56 AM

Yay for you!! I know what you mean about having to carefully navigate crowded rooms! I hate hate hate brushing my belly up against someone even after I've said excuse me!

ANewCreation 02-15-2010 01:31 PM

For me, it was always my behind. I LOL all the time because people don't notice my weight loss until I'm walking away from them!!!

gumboot 02-15-2010 03:50 PM

Congrats! I cannot wait until I am at the point you are....where I don't have to worry when I walk into certain situations.

Like yesterday, my husband comes up with a great plan to go downtown to enjoy some of the free olympic venues. Well because of all the tight security, they have half the downtown core roadways blocked off. Driving in was not a option. We took the skytrain (above ground subway) into town. Of course, it was packed and there was one little sideways seat at the back which my husband pointed to for me to sit down. I just shook my head viciously. I just knew there was no way I was going to fit in that little seat crammed up against the wall.
Sigh......I hate being fat.
On a positive note.....it was great motivation to keep going!