Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #16  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Congrats to you on being sooooooo close to goal! It is frustrating when you are spending $$$ and when you are trying to get one last wear out of something, but WAY more appealing than being too big to fit anything in your closet.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:45 PM   #17  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

That is so wonderful
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #18  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Wow I love that feeling!! Just one question....do you hold on to your bigger size or get rid of them immediately? I got rid of my ASAP! Now, I wish I saved a few pairs to show off. 26 down to an 18 here. Still along way to go for me but wow you're already in onder-land.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #19  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleBody View Post
Wow I love that feeling!! Just one question....do you hold on to your bigger size or get rid of them immediately? I got rid of my ASAP! Now, I wish I saved a few pairs to show off. 26 down to an 18 here. Still along way to go for me but wow you're already in onder-land.
I got rid off all of mine too & I'm planning on going to the store, taking a size 24/26 to the dressing room then have my best friend snap some pictures
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:01 AM   #20  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

I keep one size up, not because I'm expecting to fail, but because I do have the occasional month where my PMS/menstrual bloat is pretty bad, and a looser waistband helps with the discomfort. And I usually keep my stuff like yoga pants and t-shirts until they fall off, but that's purely for economic purposes, and to have something to wear if I'm doing heavy cleaning. I have a pair of "garden jeans," so I don't trash my current ones if I'm out there mucking about with the compost heap. But it all goes to charity or friends, otherwise.

I've actually made my peace with losing so many nice things as I shrink. A couple of really good charities I support are getting beautiful, barely-worn clothes they can sell to continue their work, and somebody is able to buy my nice clothes at a substantial discount. If I were just chucking them into a landfill, that would be wasteful, but this way, they're getting a second life that will do some good.
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #21  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinef View Post
So I'm getting ready to go out and do some stuff, and, I have to admit, whenever I leave the house, I tend to dress way up, because it's fun, and I have pretty clothes now. The "problem" is that I am often standing in front of my wardrobe, agonizing over what to wear, because I like everything in there. Not much of a problem, hence the scare quotes, but I really am not used to this feeling.

In the Bad Old Days, I stood in front of my wardrobe, agonizing over my horrible options, and usually settling for what was clean, still fit, and was vaguely appropriate for the situation. I realized today, while I was standing there, that my decisions nowadays are primarily driven by getting just a couple more wears out of the clothes I love before they get TOO BIG. I mean, the money burn kind of sucks, but I'm good at shopping clearance racks, and being annoyed because you're shrinking out of your clothes is a heck of a lot better than going in the other direction.
I know EXACTLY, EXACTLY what you mean. I too have this same "problem". Which is so amazing because it used to be HORRIFIC for me (same thing that you stated) getting dressed back in the day. I dreaded going to my closet knowing that there were so few choices and none of them good. I was always settling for inferior clothing and NEVER felt good in anything that I wore. Now I look forward to getting dressed each and every day. It's a joy and a pleasure it visit all my gorgeous clothing and have SO many FABULOUS options. Each outfit a total and complete winner and I know for sure that whatever I choose I will feel marvelous in the whole day long and my day will be better because of it.

As far as the money, well, yeah. I had some pretty nice pieces as I got closer to goal and then they no longer fit. Oh well. It IS a better problem to have. I just chalked it up to being part of the process. Certain pieces, I did have altered to fit. In fact I still have a gorgeous skirt which I had taken in 4 times. I bought it a bit into my journey, it was a size 18W (I wear a size 4 now, even some 2's, started out at a size 26/28) I get SO many compliments on that skirt and people have asked me where I got it and I say Lane Bryant and then look at me kinda strange. Lane Bryant is a plus sized store.

Congratulations on one of the happiest NSV's of them all!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 264/244/130

Height: 5'4"

That is great!!!!!! I can't wait to feel like you. I'm looking forward to the days when I can look in my closet and say... "Hmm that might even look good on me"
moveforward73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #23  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

That is so great. You are right too. It is so much better to be spending the money on smaller clothes instead of having to spend it on bigger clothes that often you don't even like!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #24  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

i loved this NSV. You deserve that feeling!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #25  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Shrinking out of clothes instead of them mysteriously shrinking off of you is the BEST type of NSV. Way to go, amazing woman!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote