Old 01-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Roll Call!!

Since there are so many newbies as well as oldies here on the 100 lb club, I thought it would be nice to reintroduce ourselves so everyone can get to know everyone!

I am Sandi and I am the moderator of the 100 lb club. I have been here for many years. I have never been successful at getting very much weight off, but I never lose hope that I will. Please feel free to PM me if you need anything at all.

I have been happily married for 17 years and the shining star of my life is my 9 year old son Jake. We have 1 dog and I live in Northwest Indiana. I work full time teaching computer software. My hobbies are making jewelry and (you guessed it!) posting here at 3FC!

What about You??
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/237/170

Height: 5'2

Hi! My name is Amy. I moved down to Atlanta about 2.5 years ago and gained all sorts of weight. Ugh! It has gotten to the point of being difficult to move around. Sooo, here I am determined to get it off FINALLY.
Amy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone!

My name is Cindy. Happily married for 20+ years, 3 adult sons, I am a stay at home wife.

I've been here since the summer of 2009. I was diagnosed that summer with pre-diabetes. Thus my motivation to get healthy! I really did start out trying to manage my blood sugar and one of the side effects was wt. loss! Of course, I knew I had to lose wt! But focusing on my health has made it so much more doable in my mind. I'm thrilled that my health has improved! All my labs were within normal ranges and my doctor is very happy with me!

Welcome to all the newbies--stick with us! If I can do it, ANYONE can!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi!

I've been at 3FC for 7 years. About 5.5 years ago, I started my first successful weight loss effort (after losing the same 30 lbs over and over again). My weight loss had a lot of losing and then maintaining and took me 3.5 years to get to 160 lbs lost. The last 2 years though have been basically me losing and gaining the same 10 lbs over and over again! I'm currently in the low 200s and hoping to get below 200 sometime soon

I have always been extremely heavy. I hit 300 lbs at age 14 and struggled with my weight since at least age 9. I'm currently 34 years old living in Maryland (outside of DC) but I am originally from California. I have a husband of 3 years, 2 dogs and 2 cats. I work in a computer related industry. I just recently started going back to school which is going to be challenging but I'm up for the challenge!

I love weights, weight lifting and trying to stay active!

I think that is about it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

So i really bad at things like these, but I'll try.

My name is Kirsten. I've only been here since September, but I'm so happy that I found 3FC.
I'm a full-time college student, majoring in English with an emphasis in secondary education; I graduate in June and am waiting to find a credential program that will accept me. I'm not working right now, but I expect to start student teaching next year. I'm hoping to move to either the Sacramento or Sonoma county areas of California and start teaching within the next three years.

I've been with my partner for three years. I read a lot and write a little. I'm really active in my sorority, which turned into my part-time job last semester. I'm really close to my family and the friends I've made into my family at college.

Otherwise, I'm pretty simple. I'm grateful for the support I found here, most of all
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #6  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Hello...I am Cathy. I have been overweight most of my life...I would say since 1st grade. My 1st successful attempt at loosing weight was in the 10th grade for my sisters wedding...of course it was diet bills from the doctor...I was thin for 24 hours (seriously) I can tell you the moment I started gaining! It was at the bridal shower and the dessert... There are many other attempts over the years...and with some success at loosing, but never keeping it off.

For many years I did the "non diet" approach...I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted...but hey I drank diet soda I have been at 250 to 260 for at least 10 years...but this fall when it was time to put on jeans... they were tight. That scared me. It scared me because I knew I was at one of the largest jean sizes already. I think it motivated me too...it made me realize...I have to do something!

2010 will be my 10th anniversary being married to the most wonderful man. A few years ago his dr told him he needed to loose 20 lbs for his knees and being Mr. Disciplined he did it...he could be a poster child for discipline! The good thing...he NEVER says anything to me about my weight... and he truly loves me for me!

In 2010 I will also turn 50. And in 2010 I will also go below 200! This is a BIG year! HOOT!

More to say...but I don't want to be a thread hog!

Thank you everyone for being here! 3FC has been a WONDERFUL addition to my life!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi! My name is C.C. and I'm a 38 year old single gal from California. I've got two golden retrievers - one a couch potato and one who can't sit still.

I've been overweight since puberty, but I didn't tread into obesity territory until I went to college. Since then, I've made several other attempts to get this weight off and one semi-successful one where I lost 130 pounds 10 years ago only to gain it back and then some. I just don't want to live that life anymore with food as the center of my universe and I'm determined to cross "weight" off my worry list for good. I count calories as my plan. And I've transferred my food addiction to a 3FC addiction!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Good idea!

"Eliana" is my chosen Hebrew name.

I am married with two boys ages 8 and 9 and they are polar opposites. My family has taken on this health quest with me and you can see our progress in my signature. Our 8 year old is very healthy and active and has a palate for odd foods...frog legs for instance. LOL! So he is not included as he needs to just keep on keepin' on. We also have one 11 year old pup who weighs a whole 6.5 pounds.

I put on 70 lbs our first year of marriage and chocked it up to marriage weight. It wasn't until we tried to conceive baby #3 that I found out I had PCOS. I've been fighting to get the weight off ever since. It wasn't until my cousin showed up on my doorstep having lost 100 lbs that I finally got the message "calories in vs calories out".

And now I'm here. And I'm STAYING. I want to be a maintainer!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:34 PM   #9  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm Roxy, 31, married for about 2.5 years, no kids yet (16 yr. old step-daughter, but she lives in England with her mother), 5 cats, a bunch of strays outside that we feed (4-7 of them depending on who shows up that day), and also indoor and outdoor fish. I am in Arkansas, but I'm from Florida. I met my hubby in England, he is in the air force, 38, and from New York (Brooklyn). I am supposed to be a teacher, but I am currently unemployed. It is very difficult to handle your own career when you are a military spouse.

I started working on my weight (again!) in Feb. '09 because I have PCOS and the best cure is weight loss. I want to have a baby, so I must do something about the PCOS. I lost about 20 pounds by the beginning of April and then the cadbury eggs called my name and I gave up. At the beginning of July I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. That was terrifying. At that point I had gained back about 5 1/2 pounds of the 20 I had lost and weighed in at 230.6. In August I found 3FC and body bugg - 2 of my best weight loss tools. I have been working very hard since then and have had more success than ever before in my life. I reached a new low in my adult life of 182.6 yesterday, which is a double woohoo since my end of January goal was 186. The best part is that I don't see a future in which I will be quitting, I see a future where I will be running marathons while my husband and future child/children cheer me on. Right now I'm almost halfway to my goal weight, but I am actually hoping that I won't get all the way there for quite some time because we are still planning for that baby, I just have to be healthy enough first. My lab results are mostly normal now (cholesterol still a bit of a problem), but I want the diabetes to have been under control for a bit longer before trying for a baby. I'm currently working on becoming a runner, doing a 1,000 miles in 2010 challenge, 10,000 crunches in 2010 challenge, and the 100 push-ups challenge.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #10  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I'm Matt (you probably guess that).

I've been here on and off for a long time. I came here initially in 2002 and was successful in losing about 100 pounds or so. My lowest weight during that run was slightly under 300 pounds.

Then, I got into lots of old habits again and left 3fcs and put on all of the weight and then some more for good measure. My highest weight was somewhere over 450 pounds. The bariatric scale I had at the time maxed out at 450 and I got an error message when I initially tried to use it.

After deciding enough was enough after seeing some horrible pictures of myself, I decided to make another run at living a healthier life. I was finally able to see a weight on the scale on September 17th, 2007 that showed 446.8 pounds. That is what I use as my official starting weight.

Since then, after many ups and down, I'm now down close to 210 pounds and am just 40 pounds to goal.

This board has been great and I'm glad I came back here and have stuck around for a long time now.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #11  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm Heather (calluna...calluna vulgaris for you gardeners out there). I live in Alaska with my partner, two children (boys, 8 and 12), dogs (my beloved Great Pyrenees), and assorted cats, plants, and fish. My hobbies (or they are when I have time) are reading, growing African violets, and fountain pens.

My partner of about 4.5 years has a disability and a service dog. My weight was an issue, and I needed to get it off - also I figured if I was cooking better that my partner would benefit from it or go hungry. He's benefiting and liking it, which helps with the medical issues.

I successfully lost 50 lbs some years ago (starting from a lower weight) and was quite athletic. I really liked it! But then... baby... dissertation... moving... stressful new job ... and so on. Eventually I had to stop letting life stuff get in the way of my health, so there are no more excuses.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #12  
Cyberpunk

S/C/G: 230/215/100

Height: 5'2"

Hi!

I'm Techno, I'm 24 with a birthday coming up shortly, and I'm a 3FC newbie. I'm the mother of one, and am not planning on having anymore children.

I have three ferrets, and an anole. LOL. Our household also has a dog, three parrots, a cockatiel, and a handful of parakeets.

My daughter and I moved back in with my mom, and my younger sister a couple years ago. My sister is mentally handicapped, so, my presence is always welcome, as the extra help is always good for my mom. In return, I save a lot of money, and I have a lot of extra time. I'm currently seeking out employment, and I hope to go to school for nursing at some point.

I've been overweight since childhood, but, successfully lost weight using the old school Atkins diet with the help of my mom when I was around 11/12 years old. I got down to 120 lbs. and remained between that and 130 lbs. until I had my daughter.

I gained so much weight during pregnancy. I thought it was a free card to eat whatever, whenever I wanted.

I've been battling my weight since then. The lowest I can remember being after pregnancy is around 150/160 lbs.

At one point I got married, and ballooned up to 230/240 lbs. ( If not more. ) during. I was eating huge, unhealthy meals with my husband all of the time. ( We've been separated for years. )

I lost some of that weight since then, mostly hovering around 200/210/215/220 lbs.

I got down to 190 lbs. at the beginning of last year, with a low carbohydrate diet, and a gym membership.

Well, that didn't last for whatever reason. ( I think I plateaued, and said, "F_ck it." )

I remember going from 190 lbs, to 200 lbs., to 215 lbs., and back to 200 lbs. You get the idea.

I was attempting to diet before/during the holidays this last year, but, eventually gave in, thinking it was a horrible time to be depriving myself.

I got up to the 230lbs. that I started at on the 25th this month. I've already lost some weight.

I promised myself that this year, 2010, was the year.

The hardest part of losing weight for me is staying motivated. I have a lot to lose, and some days I just feel like it's pointless, and it's just going to take too long.

So far, so good. I love this forum, and all of the people on it very much already.
Technosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

I'm Brandi and I live in Oregon with my husband (of barely 6 months!), our old dog Cooper, and 3 crazy cats. I was very athletic in high school and was around 185 when I graduated. I went to college and gained 40 pounds of the course of 4 years. I was able to get about 20 of that off before heading into graduate school. Ugh! What a disaster! In 3 years I was able to get up to 297 pounds! Yikes!

I graduated (thank goodness!) last June and am finally settling back into "myself" again. I'm ready to lose it for good this time and have found 3fc to be so helpful and inspirational. I have been a lurker for years, but finally dove in at the beginning of the year and am so thankful I did!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/240.8/180

Height: 5'10"

Hi!

My name is Lori and I currently live in New Mexico with my husband and 3 dogs (2 Papillons and a Pomeranian). I am turning 30 in 2 weeks and am so excited because our 20's were rather difficult. We have been married almost 7 years and together for 12 (meet the first day of college at 18). We are finally looking at starting a family but want to get our weight (and my diabetes-type 1) under control. Both of us are trying to calorie count and eat healthy. So far we have both been doing really well.

I am a middle school teacher for Language Arts (English) and Drama. Love my job but heading back to school in the fall to get my counseling degree. We are moving to Austin, TX this summer and are so excited.

I decided it is time to really try and lose weight when I saw the pictures from our trip to Disney World last summer. There was a pic that I didn't know DH was taking and I looked horrible. When my parents came over and we were showing them pics from the trip I wanted to die when that pic came up.

So happy to be getting my life in order! I just know my 30's are going to rock!

Nice to meet everyone and thanks for all the advice!
Papillion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #15  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm Cary, a telecomm programmer from my home by day, a singer by night.

I lurked on and off here for a few years. In April of 2009 I decided I'd like to lose the extra 100 lbs I had gained in one year at age 30, which was 20 years ago! I remembered 3FC a few months in and it's been my major source of support and inspiration.

At age 50 I feel I am healthier and sexier than I've been for more than 20 years. Pretty amazing what major weight loss can do for a girl...
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote