Old 02-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #16  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your success so far!

There is one thing I'd like to delicately caution you about becoming pregnant at 245 pounds, (because of your fear of gaining back any weight you have previously lost.) Being at 245 (BMI 40.8)puts you in the morbidly obese category, and while you will be much more comfortable at that weight going into a pregnancy, (than your current weight), you will still be considered a high risk pregnancy. The worry of regain might be curbed when the doctor warns you of your very high risks of preeclampsia, and gestational diabetes, as well as other health concerns for you and the baby. Overweight women have babies all the time, and everything usually all works out okay, but going into a pregnancy already obese, you will have to watch every bite you take, you can't afford to gain but the minimum during your pregnancy...

What I'm trying to say is, if you fear gaining (back) any (lost) weight while pregnant maybe you should reconsider your plan to become pregnant until you are at a lower weight. If your fears become reality and you do gain a large amount of weight, you'll put you and your baby at a much greater health risk. KWIM?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm so glad you are here! Two years ago I decided to lose the weight. I felt just like you do now. I was so scared I couldn't do it and so frustrated and overwhelmed that I had so much to lose. Coming here to 3FC was one of the things that made my efforts successful. I came here every day and read and read, soaking in all the good advice and knowledge the ladies and guys have to share. I focused on ten pounds at a time and it was amazing how fast those chunks of weight added up. Don't let yourself be overwhelmed, focus on the small goals and just keep moving forward. Like Robin said, you absolutely have the power to get the weight off. We're all here to help!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #18  
Rachel Ann

S/C/G: 305/ticker/185

Height: 5'5"

Thanks to everyone for the kind words & encouragement!!

I know I can do this...I *am* doing this....one day at a time....one day at a time.

TheJourneyStartsNow is offline   Reply With Quote