So, i almost lost my pants in public

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Does that count as an NSV?

I live across the street from a daycare, and the kids lost a ball over the fence into the middle of the street. Being the kind neigbor I am, I went out to get it for them and toss it back over the fence. So, there I am in the middle of the street, half jogging, and I suddenly feel my pants slipping lower. . .and lower. . .and lower. . . I swear, I'm pretty sure I would have been violating Mexican public decency laws, in front of children no less, had I not had a very long sweat shirt on. My crack was definitely peaking over the waistband in the back . Thankfully, I realized what was happening before they got any lower. The thing is, I have some 20's (these pants are 22s) in my closet, but I tried them on a couple of days ago and they buttoned, but were too tight to wear comfortably and not feel like i was showing off more,uh, detail of the junk in my trunk than I need too. I think I need to hit Target or some place for a few pairs of cinch waist yoga or sweat pants to hold me over.
  • LOL Well that's a good thing -the weight loss and that you were covered hehe
  • hehe

So glad you didn't lose them in front of the kiddos! LOL Cute story. Get you some pants that fit! You deserve them!
  • I love it! That's so awesome!
  • That is awesome! Do you have a belt? When I first started this I got a belt that would continue to work even as I got smaller, the braided kind that you can fasten at any point. It has been a life saver. I also have another one that I keep getting DH to put more holes in.
  • Definitely a NSV, and a funny one too! I hate being in between sizes where nothing seems to fit, at least you know you're losing weight. Congrats on your progress!

Edit: FitGirlyGirl is soooo right about belts. I never wore belts before (they always seemed to shrink, lol), but since I've been losing weight I would not be able to survive without my trusty belts!
  • I think my husband has one of those braided belts - I'll have to raid his closet . I think I'm going to pull out the 20s again in the morning and see if they're fitting any better.
  • lolol, that's a great story!!
  • What a brilliant NSV!
  • I love it!! That happened to me a few weeks ago - dropped my pants to my ankles at work!!!!!
  • Great story !
  • LOL Congrats.....this is a GREAT story. You've made good progress.
  • Quote: I love it!! That happened to me a few weeks ago - dropped my pants to my ankles at work!!!!!
    I'll bet you REALLY turned heads that day!
  • Quote: I love it!! That happened to me a few weeks ago - dropped my pants to my ankles at work!!!!!
    Okay, okay, you win the embarassing falling down pants story contest I think we need a falling down pants smilie

ETA: did you ever notice that the word embarassing includes "bare" and "@ss"? I guess we know what happened to the person who invented THAT word! They got so skinny that their pants fell down!
  • Love it!!! And congrats on the weight loss!