I just cooked...

• EVERY SINGLE DINNER for the next two weeks. Batch cooking for the win!

So I made

pasta sauce x2
    chili x2
    chicken and vegetable soup x2
    taco beef with peppers and onions
    chicken with mushrooms, celery and onions (and low sodium mushroom soup)
    salsa chicken
    chicken pita pizza's x2 dinners worth
    beef and cheese burrito's x 2 dinners worth
    shrimp and vegetable stir fry

3 hours... and $95 later...

lol!!!! Now keep in mind we'll add brown rice or whole wheat pasta to some meals along with frozen or fresh veggies as a side. But wow. That's pretty darn good for a family of 5!

I'm going to post pictures and recipes to my blog tonight or tomorrow.

And I will get back into posting tomorrow... MY LIFE WILL NOT SLOW DOWN! But on plan, things are good. Weight has to move below 208 eventually right? RIGHT? lol!
  • Good for you! It's a nice feeling to have it all under control, isn't it? I do that to some extent but I've never done two solid weeks of it!
  • This is why I need to get off my butt and buy a chest freezer, because I would love to do that. And, yes, you are totally due to have a whoosh.
  • Fantastic! That is a huge accomplishment and is setting you up for doing WELL! Go girl.
  • Cfmama, that is impressive and so industrious of you! I've always wanted to try batch cooking but am too lazy. I do plan my menus out for our family of 4 though.
  • Quote: Cfmama, that is impressive and so industrious of you! I've always wanted to try batch cooking but am too lazy. I do plan my menus out for our family of 4 though.
    I actually find that I batch cook (though I don't do it i the same exact way that cfmama did) BECAUSE I AM *lazy*. Not sure if lazy is the right word, but I like having things DONE, in advance, so that I can be *lazy* come meal time. So I kinda look at cooking and then freezing as the best way to have instant meals, since I don't rely on store bought things. It's my way of having quick & lazy meals on hand.
  • Wow! I am so impressed!! And for a family of 5! Holy cow! Good 4 you! You are my HERO!!
  • Wow that is so awesome. I live in an apartment with a pretty small freezer so batch cooking doesn't work for me. I do freeze ahead as much as I can and try to save money by picking one or two ingredients for the week and then using them up so I don't have to throw anything out.
  • great work! I'll check out those recipes. I'm going to need to start being more proactive cooking wise.
  • Wow! You got that much cooking done in one day? You are awesome! And $95 for 5 people for 2 weeks is awesome too. You did a good job.
  • Good for you! I haven't done that in quite a while. Thanks for the inspiration! It definitely makes life a whole lot easier!