How often do you change the scale batteries?

• This is my first battery powered scale, so I wondered, how often do you change the battery? Is once a year sufficient?

I've read several posts about people who changed the scale battery and suddenly gained five pounds or so. I figure being proactive with changing the batteries will prevent such heartache! LOL
  • I've had my scale for almost 3 years now and I've only changed the battery once (when light came on telling me the battery was low).

I didn't notice any screwy with the weight reading either before or after switching batteries.
  • I change it when the machine tells me it's low. I haven't noticed any big difference in weight.

I think some people just ignore the low battery message or don't know what it means, and then wonder why their weight goes wonky...

Jay
  • I changed mine once when it got all wonky and told me I weighed 172 pounds. As much as I WANTED to believe I had lost like 50 pounds overnight... I bit the bullet and changed it
  • I think I've had mine for ten years.
  • I started getting on it every day about 16-17 months ago, and I have only changed the battery once in that time. When it wouldn't turn on, or at least the lit numbers were really dim -- not remembering right now. The numbers weren't different, though.
  • I've had mine for years, although have not always used it regularly. I've never changed the batteries - I think they were lithium and not a normal battery, but of course, I don't have the paperwork anymore.

It's digital so I guess I figured it would either say it was low or just die on me and then I'd worry about it.
  • I change it when it says , low. Makes no differance in scale reading.