Well shoot...now what to have for breakfast?

• We rotate on payday Fridays as to who at work brings breakfast. Usually there's something healthy and something crappy. This morning's options...ahem:

Donuts
    coffee cake
    COOKIES (yes, cookies??)

Um...I didn't bring anything but my snack (apple, homemade almond butter) and my lunch (1/2 cup of stew). I think if I eat just the coffee cake it will send my blood sugar into a spiral. Hmmmm...better to skip it altogether until my snack?

Oh wait! (Thinking as I type) I have a protein bar in my bag! Yeah for planning ahead for just-in-case two months ago when I started this! I was trying to get away from protein bars (processed crap) but hey...I think this morning is an exception.
  • I would certainly take a protein bar over coffee cake. And maybe start bringing my own breakfast, if it wouldn't cause too many waves with the coworkers.

My coworkers would all die if I tried to feed them what I eat for breakfast, so thankfully we don't ever do potluck. One of them eats frosted oatmeal cookies for breakfast every day. EVERY day! He's naturally skinny. I sort of hate him.
  • We do the same thing and today it was my turn. I just put it out and am waiting to hear feedback on my healthy breakfast. Hehe. Usually I eat on my own Friday and then if someone brings in some fruit or something healthy, I will squirrel some away and eat it for lunch. I have been dissapointed with donuts too many times.

I brought a fruit salad, whole wheat english muffins and an egg white veggie casserole.

I dont' know if this would work for you, but this time, eat what you brought for lunch for breakfast and then can you swing by a grocery store at lunch and get some fruit and soup or something healthy you like? I know it's an added expense, but it might keep you on track??
  • ACK! I couldn't get past the 1/2 cup of stew for lunch LOL that's not enough for a toddler!!! lol
  • A protien bar definately sounds like they best choice. It might be worth bringing your own breakfast just in case from now on, unless it is your turn.
  • Ah, the lunch for breakfast is not a bad idea. I should have done that. But I did the protein bar instead. Yummy chocolate covered cardboard.

Yeah, the 1/2 cup of stew is lite. LOL! It's 200 calories. I eat six mini-meals a day and try to stay around 200 calories.
  • Speaking of bars to keep for emergencies, does anyone know of bars named "Kind"? I found them at Fred Meyer. The're nuts and fruit, usually, about four different varieties without any additives or the usual gunk. I started keeping them for my emergency stash.

Good job on the breakfast! We have occasional potlucks at my office and they make me want to cry.