Old 01-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #16  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Oh how I remember these, so painful they would make me cry. Since I went on an almost-no-carb diet in 2008 I haven't had a single one...joyousness! Even if I hadn't lost a single pound, not having the painful yeast rashes would make the low carb worthwhile!

(Not that there's proof of causation for anyone else, but there's definite correlation for me.)

Last edited by DCHound; 01-21-2010 at 10:27 PM.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:37 PM   #17  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

My hairdryer is my friend! I use it on all those dark, hard to dry places! I lift up the girls, and any other dark, damp, mushroom habitats,and dry them every morning when I get out of the shower.

There are also a lot of great antifungal creams, I prefer a salve called Oto Soothe, that I get from my veterinarian.

I don't recommend powder. Powders have itty bitty mini sharp jagged edges that can irritate these kind of rashes.

Don't be embarrassed to ask your doc about it, better to be itch free than red faced!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #18  

Three words.....GOLD BOND POWDER...To prevent the rash or yeast infection apply it under your belly roll and or breasts after drying off from bathing. If you already have rash or infection DO NOT use the Gold Bond yet. Instaed, apply some anti-fungal cream such as Lotramin or store brand equivalent, then apply some Beaudreaux's Butt Paste cream (found with baby supplies). After a couple of days the rash or infection will clear up. Then start using the Gold Bond daily and you should not have any more problems. WORKS LIKE A CHARM! Very important to shower every day using an anti bacterial soap applied with a wash cloth and not just your hands. It does make a huge difference. Even though I am a man, I have also found Summer's Eve feminine wash gel extremely effective to control odors under the belly roll and breasts. I'm no expert just sharing my tried and true routine.
zosomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 252.2/ticker/126

Height: 5'2

I know, disgusting right? :P I'm not looking forward to summer when I know this will happen.

Best thing to use? Gold Bond Medicated Body Powder. Whenever I get a rash, I use it daily and it always clears up. It's also great for preventing the rash. The powder dries the area out and the menthol makes the skin nice and cool. It's great relief when you put it on. I don't ever cover it with a bandage or anything--I think the more air it is exposed to, the better

Best of luck on your weight loss! We are about the same height and have about the same starting weight.
shepherdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #20  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

What others said, Yeast, for sure!

Coconut oil! Slather it on. It'll kill it in no time, guaranteed!

And also. NO refined sugar. Yeasties LOVE it. Get some probiotics in your diet too, plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream is awesome.

Last edited by ValRock; 02-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #21  
In it to win it

S/C/G: 295/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I haven't had one in a while cause I've managed to prevent them. I dry off really well after a shower and use powder. Can't wait for the day that is no longer necessary! Also shower as soon as possible after a good workout.
BeachKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

ValRock is correct. Coconut oil is magic! Make sure it's virgin coconut oil and slather it on. I use it on myself and my son (for diaper rash.) It's awesome!

Try not to be too embarrassed. I get these types of rashes regardless of my weight. I guess I'm just prone to them.

I have the most issues when I'm consuming too much sugary stuff or refined carbs. So, if I lay off the sugar and white carbs I don't have as much of a problem.

Last edited by zenor77; 02-05-2012 at 11:51 PM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #23  

Default RASH UNDER THE BELL ROLL cure

Gold Bond Ultimate Comfort with Aloe Body Powder ABOUT 5$ AT DRUG STORE
works really well for the sweat/smell under you stomach it will not cake 2. also for inner thigh chafing gold bond now makes a chafing stick happy day!!
Gold Bond Friction Defense Stick Unscented 1.75 oz....... IF you dont want to use these products when I forget my powder ill put a slim was cloth under my belly works well too Big Hug to all my BBW's: I could loos million pound but this is mt situation today tucks n rolls
BELENLOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Been there, had that!

Like most everyone has said...clean the area(s) well, dry them thoroughly---this is where a blow dryer is a big help, & unlike others here, I use straight corn starch. Corn starch has no perfumes/scents. I do this each morning & before bed, or if I have other times I feel icky. I haven't had an issue since I was completely healed from surgery. For me, Gold Bond irritated me, my skin is extra sensitive to perfumes/dyes/medications put in powders/lotions.

Take care of your belly & under your breasts especially during warm weather or if you are sweaty/sticky cause it just gets worse. Here is where an ounce of prevention is worth several pounds of cure. You belly/breasts & you will be much happier!!

Those who have it under the breasts: when laundering your bras, use a hypoallergenic detergent & air dry them!! I'm a big breasted gal (thanks maternal grandma!!), so this rash can be so irritating!! I use strictly a detergent with no perfumes, washing them at least every other wearing or sooner if needed. Also I DO NOT wear a bra unless I have to. Yes, it's more comfortable, but it also allows my skin under there to breathe!
Lastly if your bras rub & still cause you issues, look into new ones! Be sure you are properly fitted. It might seem like an unnecessary expense but trust me your girls will thank you. My aunt who owned a dress shop gave me my first fitting when I was about 17 & I've made sure to get them each time I have to buy new over-the-shoulder boulder holders!

HOPE THIS HELPS!!! HERE'S TO NO MORE UGLY/PAINFUL/EMBARRASSING RASHES!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #25  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Talcum powder has been shown to be related to Ovarian cancer. Please look for powder products made with corn starch instead.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:03 PM   #26  

OK, been there, done that, and I have it again. After three c-sections I don"t think I even have muscle anymore. With that said, DO NOT use anything that will wet or moist it more. However, spray hydrogen peroxide on it to kill any infection and if you have a Kangen water machine, clean area with strong acidic water. Corn starch dries it out as does deodorant. Unfortunately guys, the only way to prevent this is for us to lose the belly fat. Just saying. I know exactly how you feel!
ctabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:30 AM   #27  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I've been there too! Every summer, then the fatter I got, the more I got it, under my boobs and under my lower fat roll. I used to put talcum powder on it, which dried it up but it was very flaky. One year when I went for my mammogram, the radiographer said not to use talc because of the tiny sharp bits in it but I didn't believe her :blush:
Last year I developed a patch of eczema on one leg, and the doctor gave me a steroid cream for the patch, and a thing called Ultrabase as a general moisturiser/emollient cream ~ it says its active ingredient is White Soft Paraffin, which sounds a bit utility but one day I tried it on the roll-rashes, and it cleared up beautifully, and very quickly. No rash, no flakes, no embarrassment. Suprisingly, not greasy either. I don't even have to use it every day/shower now.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 04:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 260/216.0/155

Height: 5"5

The majority of the time it is a yeast infection. Due to no air and the moist area of the breasts and abdomen. The powder will help but most times won't get rid of it. Get lotrimin creme it is in a non prescription strength now at drug stores. Do not use talc powder. Baby powder is okay. The is also a lotrimin powder but you need a prescription for that but it is really good accompanied with a fungal creme.
equinechick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #29  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

I use this. It was recommended after my third baby when I got a bad rash under the stomach. Worked like a charm and instantly felt better.

Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:37 AM   #30  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Oh, I wish that was available in the UK! I'd love to go into a shop and ask for Butt Paste
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote