Chick Closet Chronicals

• It fits ! It fits ! My silk leopard print blouse fits again ! I don't weigh myself too much, so I really needed to see this. I think it might be fun to start a list of clothes that fit again. Is there an item of clothing that fits you again ?
  • I'm still waiting to get into this AMAZING pair of jeans I have -- but I'll get there. In the meantime -- congrats on the blouse!! That's wonderful!!
  • Great job! I LOVE getting back into clothes!
  • A pair of blue size 16 pants! Last week at this same weight they did not fit. So the fact that they fit now is the only thing that's keeping me exercising at this point. LOL!
  • Great idea! Wear that blouse with style!

Today I'm wearing some very slim fitting size 14 slacks that I haven't been able to wear since 2004. I love the sleek fabric and the slimming cut. I am rocking these pants today!

Next goal: some new with tags Size 12 slim fit blue jeans I've had for years but never wore.
  • I am fitting into my brown cords which are a small 14 and a pair of khaki colored jeans that my brother bought for me years ago that I got to wear maybe twice before my butt outgrew them, they are a 14P. I have a size 12 skirt that I adore that I am hoping to get into by the time the weather is warm enough for it.
  • Marigrace, congratulations on the blouse! That is the best feeling ever, I think.

I put on and zipped a pair of size 8 slacks the other day. Still too tight to wear to work, but it felt good to get my still-ample derriere into a single-digit size.

I also purchased a size 6 shirt on clearance at Banana Republic the other day which I already own in a size 8. I LOVE that shirt, and the size 6 fits just fine everywhere but my chest. I'm not positive that I'll get my chest to shrink enough to fit into it, but hope springs eternal! (They didn't have an 8 and it was too good a deal to pass up. I always tell myself not to buy goal clothes, then I do it anyway. Better to have no will power with clothes than with food, I figure.)
  • Congrats on the blouse! That is just the best feeling-- only thing, don't get too attached-- soon it will be too big.

As for me-- I was going to go out in the rain the other night and I didn't want to wear my down parka because it wasn't that cold. My mom keeps her goretex jacket in my closet and my daughter said "why don't you wear that..." It's a regular size large-- my parka is a 3X. I pulled it on and it FIT!
  • congrats, that's great!!!

I haven't been trying on too much stuff that didn't fit at all, but I can definitely tell a big difference in the things I have been wearing. I do have one pair of pants I've been using as a benchmark and the last time I checked, they did button and zip (although too tight to wear for real). I'll trying them on again this weekend.
  • That's great! I don't have any clothes that fit me yet. I'm sure it's an amazing feeling and I can't wait to get there.
  • It does feel great.
    I have a pair of gray slacks that I love to wear but they were cutting off my circulation when I exhaled and they were too tight in the thighs. So I stopped wearing them. Now they're hanging loose.
  • I was fat for soooo long (14 years) that I gave away everything that used to fit. HOWEVER it was a RED LETTER DAY when I could fit into my hubbies t-shirts!!!