3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Crappy, crappy day! UGH. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/191503-crappy-crappy-day-ugh.html)

SNMomof1 01-19-2010 05:08 PM

Crappy, crappy day! UGH.

I was ticked off at the scale this morning (I'll blame the scale) and decided to eat a cheeseburger and fries to make me feel better. Because that makes PERFECT sense. To top it off, I'm now snack happy and just ate 340 cals in snacks within the past 1/2 hour. So now I feel like a major :moo: and am really disappointed in myself.

Anddddd I'm starting to get sick (I can feel it in the throat and nose big time), which means the gym will be a :nono: since I don't want to spread germs. Thankfully I have a relaible nurse who can watch my daughter from 6a-2p and DF gets home from work around 6p... so that's only 4 hours of exposing her. Our night nurse comes in at 10 so it shouldn't be too much for him.

Blarghhhhhhhh. I want a do-over! I'm going to avoid the scale for the next few days because I don't want to know what kind of damage I've done today.

brandijune44 01-19-2010 05:11 PM

We all "mess up" one time or another. I think it's very commendable for you to get on here and admit that you made some bad choices. Don't beat yourself up about it....it happens. Get back up and try again...that's all we can do...tomorrow is a new day :) I hope you get to feeling better!

MoveMoveMove 01-19-2010 05:13 PM

Stop.........Right..........Now.

Don't keep binging the rest of the day. Get back on the wagon now. There's still some of today left to salvage.

Start fresh now and remember how you feel when you are tempted to binge again. Maybe some journaling would help?

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Summer2010 01-19-2010 05:27 PM

Yeah, don't wait until tomorrow to start on plan...start now! If you continue to binge, you could pack on an additional 200, 200 , 500 cal...just remember how long it will take you to work off those calories!

Get a veggie tray, drink a glass of water, remove yourself from the kitchen!!!!

LizR 01-19-2010 05:35 PM

Hope you feel better soon and that your dd doesn't catch it. :hug: Just get right back on your eating plan and don't think about the slip up. You don't have to be perfect. If you keep trying you will make it to your goal. :cheer:

beerab 01-19-2010 06:26 PM

I agree to remember next time what happens when you eat off plan. I find it easier to say no to the "bad stuff" after that.

CLCSC145 01-19-2010 06:28 PM

I'm not sure why we do that to ourselves, but getting irked with the scale makes me want to eat too. Why is that!? You're so right - it makes no sense. It's completely counter intuitive and just makes you feel worse than the scale did.

Get back on the horse! That's the best thing you can do. A cheeseburger and fries aren't going to ruin you in the long run if you stay the course.

lovemyboy 01-19-2010 07:17 PM

Don't beat yourself up. You owned it and can start back on plan right now.

jigglefree 01-19-2010 07:48 PM

I vote for the water and lots of it. Another thing, I agree with the get on back on plan today. Not tomorrow but today. The day isn't over. If the plan is to weigh yourself everyday then weigh yourself because you need to stay with the plan. That way you don't give yourself any excuses and you can remain accountable to yourself as well.

I think it's great that you know you got off track but don't give yourself anymore time to error.:hug::hug::hug:

PeanutsMom704 01-19-2010 11:32 PM

hope you feel better soon!!

and keep journalling/counting calories even if you don't weigh in.

xMeaganx 01-20-2010 03:15 AM

You admitted your mistake, and learned from it!

While yes it sounds good sometime the fries, and burgers afterward you end up feeling like crap! I had fries the other day (after months of not having them), binged and felt horrid after. My body was literally rejecting the grease fries and I couldn't believe I had done that to myself. But we live and learn!

Hope you feel better soon! Remember drink lots of water, and if you are anything like me when your sick you won't want to but push through because your body needs it!

moveforward73 01-20-2010 08:23 AM

I have done this sooooooooo many times in the past and then given up my diet plan completely. I'm trying to force myself to only weigh once a week. Once I fall off the wagon I have a very very hard time getting back. But look at it this way. This one unwise choice is not going to end everything. Do your best to get back to plan the rest of the day, and wake up tomorrow and do not weigh yourself. Go back to what you have been doing making better choices. You/me will never make it through this if we panic eat. Accept you made the unwise choice and move on. Say you are not going to let that dang hamburger mess up what you want so much. Which is weight loss, and a healthier body. Well this is what I plan to be telling myself this time around. I give up all the time. I have been embarressed to admit it, but it's true. I give up, but I'm hoping this time to take a better approch to it and not put myself in panic mood all the time. Even if you didn't get back on track that day, DON'T GIVE UP. In the end whether we realize it now or not, it will be worth it. It may not feel like it, but it will be. Stay strong. You can do it. I can do it. We all can do it. Good luck. Also on a side note, I'm doing Weight Watchers with them you can have a hamburger every once in a while. It's based on points system. You can be good all week following your plan and then give yourself a reward at the end of the week with the points you saved up for that hamburger. Do your best not to stress yourself out over the diet/foods. It's what I have done for years and why I'm have been totally unsucessful, but this time around I'm not going to make it about what I can't have. I'll have it in moderation as a treat for making better choices.

LaurieDawn 01-20-2010 09:21 AM

I would encourage you to step on the scale tomorrow morning. It's such a good part of the process to recognize that you can make mistakes and still succeed over the long term. Get on the scale, note the damage you've done, and allow yourself the scale reward that will come from getting back on plan. Everyone who is successful long-term (read years) has made mistakes. It's all about the recovery!

traci in training 01-20-2010 09:22 AM

Life sucks sometimes, doesn't it? And why do we feel cheeseburgers will make it suck less? Something wrong with our programming, huh? Give yourself credit for all the cheeseburger-free days and go back to having more of those. Lifestyle change means those cheeseburger days are the exception, not the rule.

I'm also fighting a cold coming on - my first time sick all darn winter. Skipped the gym yesterday because my throat hurt so bad but I'm going today. No jogging, just walking, but I'm going. I don't want to get out of the habit.

SNMomof1 01-20-2010 10:58 AM

I stepped on the scale this morning at it actually read 109.2... a new low. I reweighed 3x to make sure. I'm wondering if I haven't been eating enough calories? I went over my cals yesterday by about 200, which isn't bad considering what I could have done. I also drank a crap ton of water to help flush all the sodium out. Hmmm....

I'm back on plan this morning, but I feel like major crapola from this cold. :(