3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I will resist those mixed nuts! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/190520-i-will-resist-those-mixed-nuts.html)

time2lose 01-11-2010 01:51 PM

I will resist those mixed nuts!

I have passed by all types of sweets here in the office in the past month. However, today there is a large container of mixed nuts that is just driving me nuts. I just can not get those nuts off my mind! I know that nuts are not unhealthy but if I eat a bite, I will eat too many. :tantrum:

I don't have a food scale or a measuring cup so I can not measure a single helping. Even if I could measure a single serving, I would have consequences:

1- One serving would not satisfy me, so I would be right back to where I am now, wanting to eat nuts.
2 - I would have to either reduce my planned foods for tonight or go over my calorie plan.

Getting to 199 is much more important than being satisfied the 2 or 3 minutes that it would take me to eat those nuts. I am repeating that over and over!

Thank you!

CLCSC145 01-11-2010 02:01 PM

Stay strong!! And hide 'em in the supply closet. :devil:

cathydoe 01-11-2010 02:10 PM

Keep coming on here and hanging with us "nuts"!

Repeat after me: No No Nuts! No No Nuts! Hey that could be a chant too!

jay41 01-11-2010 02:13 PM

Yep..I would stay away. I had some mixed nuts over the holidays and was appalled at how much salt they have. I had to brush salt off them to eat them and they were not worth the calories, time, or salty fingers.

I buy unsalted nuts and add my own salt. I count out how many I'm going to have that day and that's it.

Eliana 01-11-2010 02:18 PM

I had this problem with M&M's last night. They were calling to me from the top shelf of the pantry. They're not even mine! They were a stocking stuffer to my husband. I actually said good-night to them as I headed up to bed. LOL! If I can resist M&M's, possibly the world's greatest food, you can resist nuts! :D

marigrace 01-11-2010 02:23 PM

Sounds like you are in enemy territory....fear not..the3fc infantry has arrived....

HeidiNicole 01-11-2010 02:25 PM

You know, they might*accidentally* get knocked on to the floor so they spill out and must be thrown away...just sayin' :devil:

Amber1011 01-11-2010 02:32 PM

I have the same problem. Mine right now is with Oreo Cakesters. My fiancee got a case of 18 2 packs from his family - and I sit here thinking I WANT SOME!!! I love them, but they are 250 calories a pack!

With the Nuts, M&Ms, and Cakesters - lets all repeat:

ITS NOT WORTH IT! ITS NOT WORTH IT!

matt_H 01-11-2010 02:36 PM

Sounds like you are winning this battle! 199 feels so much better than a few nuts.

LizJ 01-11-2010 02:39 PM

You can stay strong! I know how hard it is though when something is right in front of you! Just think about how good you will feel when you are at goal weight!!

shortandfluffy 01-11-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliana (Post 3088892)
I actually said good-night to them as I headed up to bed. LOL! If I can resist M&M's, possibly the world's greatest food, you can resist nuts! :D

I am glad I am not the only one that talks to my food. LOL :dizzy:

Keep saying no! I think seeing the 199 on the scale will be well worth it! :cheer2:

time2lose 01-11-2010 03:07 PM

These are left over from all the holiday food. They were put out by the coffee pot today with hopes that someone would eat them. This is like a gallon size can.

Quote:

You know, they might*accidentally* get knocked on to the floor so they spill out and must be thrown away...just sayin' :devil:
I like this idea.... Hummmmmmm :devil:

Taurie 01-11-2010 03:17 PM

You can do it! Repeat after me, 'I am in control, I am in control, I am in control.'

I had the same problem with nuts, I didn't allow my bf to keep them in the house. But, then I kept repeating this mantra and it worked! I can eat 6 brazil nuts or 12 almonds and stop there. Oh and I only eat raw nuts.

I had the same problem today with chocolate. I had a craving all day for it, finally I bought a bar of chocolate with the intention of only haveing one square, but when I found myself with a second piece I threw the chocolate bar away. It's wasteful, but at least I don't feel guilty.

You can do it! You are in control!

SNMomof1 01-11-2010 03:29 PM

Don't make eye contact with them!!! LOL No seriously, I hope you're able to avoid them.

JulieJ08 01-11-2010 09:16 PM

I bet it's a can. Think about how old those nuts are!