3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I WILL proudly say I lost 100 lbs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/189996-i-will-proudly-say-i-lost-100-lbs.html)

Eliana 01-07-2010 08:48 AM

Just to be clear, I haven't lost 100 pounds. ;) I just need to and I proudly share that with anyone who asks AFTER. In the mean time, I'll share what I've lost, but not what I have to lose. Besides, when I do tell people how much, they look at me like I have an eating disorder. I don't think people have a real accurate perception of what 100 lbs is because I've read a lot of people saying the same thing on these boards.

2fat4me2be 01-07-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfmama (Post 3079609)
Sometimes it IS embarrassing to say that I have lost 165 pounds and I have 65 more to go! BUT I'd rather say that they say I have 227 lbs STILL to lose ;) Focus on the positive right?

How did you do it?

Aclai4067 01-07-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliana (Post 3080291)
I don't think people have a real accurate perception of what 100 lbs is because I've read a lot of people saying the same thing on these boards.

Agreed. When I tell my friends I have to lose 135 total they don't believe me. But here I am, I've lost almost 50 and I'm still a size 20 with lots of extra fat everywhere! I think my goal is pretty darn realitic

But I think part of why my friends don't believe me is they are all shorter than me so they think of what 135 extra pounds would look like on them. I think they're starting to get it now since one of my friends (who's 5'2) has lost just 7 lbs more than me with a waaaay more dramatic difference in her appearance.

brandijune44 01-07-2010 11:28 AM

You all are so darn inspiring! I've also had a hard time telling people that I need to lose 100+ pounds. It feels like saying it means admitting that I'm a failure. The fact that I have you guys that I can be honest with has really been uplifting. We can do it!

Loving Me 01-07-2010 12:12 PM

I tell people how much I've lost, but not how much more I have to go just yet, I say "I still have a long way to go".
I actually told a close friend the other day that I'd lost 50lbs and had at least another 50 to go and she was like "no way!". So will just keep going until I get to where I want to be.

TJFitnessDiva 01-07-2010 02:19 PM

I am very proud of how far I've come and when I reached 100lbs lost I practically shouted it to the world :lol: Gosh everyone knew I was morbidly obese when I started so why not right?

cfmama 01-07-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fat4me2be (Post 3080396)
How did you do it?

If you look up my user name you'll see all sorts of posts from me... But basically it's taken 16 months so far and I've calorie counted with a focus on lots of protein, veggies/fruit and whole grains and good healthy fats. I CUT all the junk food (and I do mean all) and caloric drinks. I exercise by walking and doing strength training with resistance bands.

I eat LOTS of low calorie foods in order to feel full. I stay on plan 98% of the time and if I have a slip I get back on plan THAT MINUTE. Pick up, dust off and get back on that horse.

I come here multiple times a day. I've built a HUGE support system and above all? I love myself. Take care of myself and have faith that I can do this :) Only 65 pounds more to go!!!!

Eliana 01-07-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfmama (Post 3081086)
and if I have a slip I get back on plan THAT MINUTE. Pick up, dust off and get back on that horse.

Oh, I LOVE that. I've heard "that day" before but not "that minute". Too true.

Botzz 01-07-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliana (Post 3079572)
I just had the oddest thought pop into my head. For half a moment I wished I had 200 lbs to lose so I can one day say, "Oh yeah, I lost 200 lbs."

Watch what you wish for! I wouldn't wish it on anyone! lol and...oh yeah..

I lost MORE than 200 pounds! :^:

and still going ;)

As Ever
Me

saef 01-07-2010 03:46 PM

I consider it to be a form of privileged information. I will tell some people "100 pounds" or "just over 100 pounds," but not everyone. Only close friends or those who would understand or benefit from knowing. It's not embarrassment, really, because everyone could see me & might have been able to guess.

When I reflect on it, I guess it feels to me like going around saying how much money I make.

Eliana 01-07-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Botzz (Post 3081168)
Watch what you wish for! I wouldn't wish it on anyone! lol and...oh yeah..

I lost MORE than 200 pounds! :^:

and still going ;)

As Ever
Me

And I have such admiration for you! :carrot: That's what I mean. You have really accomplished something. Something most people will never be able to accomplish whether because they simply never will or because they will never need to. It doesn't matter. You did it!

lovemyboy 01-07-2010 06:01 PM

Every one of you who has lost 100 or more pounds should be extremely proud of yourself.

When I can say the same, I'll say either the total loss or the current weight. Why? Because I hate it when people try to do the calculations in their head. That and some coworkers already give a women there a hard time about loosing quite a bit of weight (likely 100-ish pounds) and talk about how unhealthy it is! :dizzy:

I never want to provide enough information to have to listen to that mess. "Safe" people I'll gladly tell though.

Eliana 01-07-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovemyboy (Post 3081458)
That and some coworkers already give a women there a hard time about loosing quite a bit of weight (likely 100-ish pounds) and talk about how unhealthy it is! :dizzy:

You're kidding! Did she go too low or something? Since when is losing 100 lbs unhealthy? It's carrying it around that's the problem.

lovemyboy 01-07-2010 06:09 PM

No, she looks to be in the "normal" range to me and she didn't do some strange unhealthy diet. It is people of all weight ranges that say it too. If it makes any difference people There have no trouble commenting on other things besides weight too.

Mikayla 01-07-2010 08:39 PM

A year ago I thought it was petty much impossible for me to ever lose 100 lbs. Now that I know that I will lose over 100 lbs, I cannot wait to reach 100 lbs lost. Right now I'm keeping quiet about my weight loss at work( I started In August) but once I reach 100 lbs lost I plan on telling anyone within earshot! I am proud of my weight loss, and and everyone is going to know it damn it!