Height: 5 feet 5 inches

New Balance all the way!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #17  
No Words Too Honest

S/C/G: 290/165/160

Height: 5'8"

Greetings!

I see New Balance has clinched the majority, but I swear by Skechers. I just bought a pair of their walking/training sneakers (not the Shape-ups...never the Shape-Ups). Not only are they gorgeous (white with blue accents), but the comfort is impressive.

Honestly though, New Balance and Skechers are probably similar in price, quality, durability and comfort. Either way, you're going to get a supportive shoe that will last.
Forgotten Quill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #18  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Another vote for going to the running store for fitting not only your size but also your gait. If not you could end up buying the correct size but the wrong type of shoe. Brooks also has wide widths. I have a severe pronation issue that new balance couldn't correct as well as the Brooks.

Last edited by lovemyboy; 01-07-2010 at 05:50 PM.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I love Brooks so much. I also didn't mention initially but New Balance tend to make my feet go numb. It isn't a width problem so it is something else. I can wear them for light activity but not exercise.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 402/277/healthy

Height: 5'4"

I also wear Brooks. After knee replacement surgery, my physical therapist recommended I go to a running store to be fitted. I did, and like a lot of people have already posted, it was really helpful. Before going to the running store I didn't have a clue what kind of shoe I needed.

One other thing - both my PT and the guys at the running store told me they feel stongly that shoes should be replaced about every 4-6 months. Even if they look unworn on the outside, the inside structure breaks down.

Zappos (online) can be a good place to look for your shoes if you already know what kind/size you need. They do free shipping. Even return shipping is free.
bluebutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #21  
sugar is the devil

New Balanace!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #22  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I love Brooks so much. I also didn't mention initially but New Balance tend to make my feet go numb. It isn't a width problem so it is something else. I can wear them for light activity but not exercise.
I'm a Brooks girl, too.

I also recommend getting a proper fitting. A good fitting can make you feel like you're floating.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #23  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

I love my Saucony's, they have to be the lightest shoe I have ever worn and I feel like I am barefoot they are so comfortable. My only issue with them is that they are made of sort of a double layer mesh which is AWESOME in the summer months but when its cold outside the air whips right through them so not really a cold weather kind of shoe. If you were wearing them strictly in the gym they would work awesome but I do lots of walks in the late autumn and early spring late winter as well and they just don't work for that. otherwise they are heaven for my feet.

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote