Accountability, menu, support... Week of January 3

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Do you need a place to post your menu, exercise, support? Please feel free to join in here.
  • Good Morning everyone! Our trip away went well, w/ a few minor bouts of 'family drama'.....food wise, I did pretty good--we took healthy stuff and I stuck to mostly that. I did eat something that had way too much sodium, because I am still feeling puffy today. I will drink lots of water today, so that should get better.

I have today off and I am VERY glad....I'll pick the dogs up from the kennel and do some stuff around the house and relax! We haven't put our Christmas decorations away, yet, but that will wait for another day (probably the weekend when dh and I can do it together)

I'm off to find something to put in the crockpot for an easy dinner.

Have a great OP day!!!!
  • Hi Chicks - I had a good day yesterday. That makes seven good days and I am so grateful. I drank lots of water, ate only when seated, put fork down between bites and worked on being aware of my food.

For today:

breakfast - lite cheese toast, clementine
    lunch - wrap with ff refried beans, lite cheese, salsa, veggies
    snack - cereal & yogurt
    dinner - chili, veggies & dip
    snack - pretzels, pnb butter

lots of water
    meditation
    no exercise today (back still tender)
    fork down between bites
    aware eating
    log food
    NO standing while eating

MJ - I am glad you had a good visit. Sometimes, it seems there's always a bit of drama where the family is concerned.(not just you - everyone) It was good that you took some of your healthier foods. I bet the doggies will be glad to see you.

Have a good day, folks.
  • My Plan
    This will be the first full week of me being back on plan. I have my adult daughter coming to visit for our belated holiday celebration so I have to plan for that. We usually eat out at least 1x while she is here. When we eat out I will order grilled chicken breast, salad with dressing on the side and stick to ice water as a beverage. Other than that this is my plan:

Eat Breakfast! I feel better longer if I eat protein in the a.m.
    Snack: baby carrots and 1 tbs pnut butter
    Lunch: salad with tuna and or boiled egg dressing on the side
    Snack: fruit
    Dinner: smaller portions of whatever I am making (not much of a plan there!)
    PM Snack: chamomile tea

As far as activity, I will dance to some fun music every day for 15 minutes or walk in place while watching tv. I will park far enough from where ever I have to go and at work, I will walk to the copier after every copy instead of printing 20 things through out the day and picking it up all at once.

I will log in here in the am, again at work (at break of course!) and after dinner for support and motivation.

Also, during bouts of emotional overload, I will call a friend or come here to avert an eating crisis.
  • I need to post every day!!!

Breakfast:

Cottage cheese
    Smoothie made with mango, orange, strawberry, peach and passion fruit

Snack:

Orange
    Unsweetened soy milk

Lunch:

My carrot soup http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/cr...n-carrot-soup/
    Kale
    Tofu nuggets

Snack:

Reduced fat Tricuits
    Hummus
    Cucumber

Dinner:

More carrot soup (hey, it's what I have and it's healthy!)
    Beet and onion salad
    TBA (something like curried chickpeas or other protein-based food)

Throughout the day:

Sobe Lifewater
    Water
    Herbal tea
  • hello ladies!

I'm doing well, I kind of pigged out yesterday because I had a belated holiday potluck for some friends, but it was a good time and back on the wagon today.

• Hi all. I'm feeling pretty good about being back in the groove. Although I loved my time away from work, it does feel good to get back into going to the gym and then getting to work. I don't have quite as many temptations to go to the kitchen here!!! Drinking lots of water and eating on plan! Yay!
  • Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--great job!!! The dogs were happy to see me and I was happy to see them!

Michelle--Welcome! Sounds like you have a great plan for yourself.

Diane--A routine does feel good, doesn't it?

I am getting myself back to the gym tonight....my clothes are already in my car! I will eat a healthy breakfast and drink LOTS of water too.

Have a great OP day everyone!
  • Hi chicks! I am doing a happy dance. Eight days of healthy eating and other areas I am working on. I am so grateful.

breakfast - grits, flax & lite cheese, clementine
    lunch - garden burger with lite cheese, lite mayo, broccolli
    snack - yogurt
    dinner - tuna fillet, roasted veggies, small potato
    snack - cereal, fruit, milk

meditation (done!)
    gentle stretches etc (sore back)
    lots of water
    log food
    eat only when SEATED
    aware eating

MJ - good job on preparing for the gym!

Slash - often helps to get back into the routine. Sounds like it's going well. Yippee.

Lottie - glad you are back on the wagon!!

Passionista - great plan!

Michelle - It's so fun to dance as an exercise. Sounds like you are planning well. Enjoy your daughter's visit!

Have a GREAT day.
  • Good Morning! Yesterday was OP! YIPPEE!! Healthy lunch is packed, gym clothes are ready to go, water bottle also ready....I CAN do this again today!
  • Hi chicks - I had a good day yesterday - that's nine healthy days. I am so grateful. I am so proud of the fact that I haven't taken one bite of food with out being seated in a week. It's so automatic to taste, nibble etc. I think it makes a difference.

Also - I've lost three pounds since I weighed last Wednesday. YAY.

today:

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, 1/2 english muffin with npnb, clementine. 2 boca strips

lunch - roasted veggies with melted cheese on top, garlic toast

snack - yogurt, apple slices

dinner - I am getting KFC - 395 calories meal. I am taking one over to Mom and we'll eat them at her apartment

snack - rice cakes, pnb, honey, sf cocoa

meditation
    lots of water
    fork down between bites
    eat ONLY when seated
    aware eating
    log food
    some gentle stretches today (back's improving)

MJ - you've got great things going already - good planning ahead.

Have a GREAT day everyone.
  • just popping in to say hey before work.

I am on plan these last two days. I've lost 5 lbs in the last week, I'm sure most of it's water but I'll take it! haha...start tomorrow! (I'm off the next five days!)
  • 'Morning, chicks,

Well, I've been good on my plan, but I sure had a bummer day yesterday... got all the chick stuff done, mammogram and gynecological exam. That part was fine, but of course there came the moment when I had to step on the scale. I was rather excited to do it for a change -- I've lost 30 pounds since the last time I saw my doc -- but my doc's scale weighs 10 pounds heavier than both of mine!! I felt so deflated.

Meantime, the new sweetie is coming for a visit on February 8th, and I feel like a whale. I intend to carry on with what I'm doing because it's working, and what else can I do, but I'm feeling rather discouraged.

Best to everyone -- you all sound like you're doing sooooo well!!! Go, chicks!!!
  • Hi everyone. Ok, a couple of backward steps. I didn't work out yesterday because it was the first day back to school for my kids and I really wanted to make sure that they made it on the bus. That was ok. But today I didn't work out because I forgot to set my alarm and woke up late. Forgot to set my alarm??? wth? Anyway, I'll try again tomorrow.

raebaer: Hang in there and keep with it. You've done so well and you'll get that fire back in your eyes!

Lottie: Good job on the 5 pounds!

Beverly: You are on a roll!! Good for you!

MJ: Good planning going on for you. Keep it going!
  • Finally got back to exercising today -- it feels good , actually. The scale is down .4 lbs since I last weighed in exactly 1 week ago. I was kind of hoping that maybe I'd drop a full pound, but my eating his not exactly been the greatest, and I haven't exercised since gosh... last Wednesday, so I'm not really surprised. No matter, some progress has been made so I will not complain. A small loss is definitely better than none at all, and obviously better than gaining.

I know that I tend to get overwhelmed with the big picture, so I'm going to do what a lot of ladies on here do: post something for every 5 or 10 lbs they lose. I'm going to stick with 5lbs because I need baby steps :P. I'd really like to lose around 8 - 10lbs a month, but I think I am just going to focus on 5 for awhile. I think sometimes my goals are a little too aggressive to make. Granted, if I did everything perfectly I probably would be doing about that, but unfortunately there is a margin for error that I need to account for. Even if I lose 5lbs a month, that's really close to my 75lb 1 year goal at 60lbs. At any rate, I'm probably putting too much thought into it rather than just doing what I know I gotta do.

Somehow a bunch of cookies and candy has crept into the house. Other people live here, so it's a little unreasonable for me to ban sweets, but I have put them up out of my sight so I am not tempted. So far, that seems to be working. I'm even contemplating putting sticky notes on them that says something like, "Losing weight is more important than a momentary sweet." or "There are other ways to treat myself than through food" or I don't know... any suggestions? Who knows, maybe that will motivate other people in my home to stay away from them too.