Donut NSV

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • One of my bad former habits was to stop every day on the way to work (I don't work every day) for coffee and donuts.

I really went to town on those donuts-- in fact, I didn't actually buy donuts, I bought the huge coffee rolls. Normally, I ate three. So every day, on the way to work, I was stuff, felt vaguely ill, and left sticky fingerprints on my steering wheel. Yuck.

Driving past that stop on the way to work was one of the big challenges I used to face. Every time I got near, I had to remind myself "don't stop, don't stop..."

So, this morning, I was driving to work and I realized that I didn't have toll money and I needed to go to an ATM-- then I remembered that there was an ATM in the old donut place. So I think "great, I can get coffee..."

So I go in, and I think, wow, I haven't been in here in such a long time, I wonder if the shop people will notice I've lost weight.

Get my money, get in line to pay for my coffee. It wasn't until I was leaving that I realized-- I never even LOOKED at the case where the donuts were. I walked right past without even thinking about it.
  • It's great you've made a new habit and stopped an old, unhealthy one!
  • That's fantastic!! Congrats!!
  • Nice job! Ah donuts... Never as good as you imagine they're going to be and always make you feel like a zombie for hours afterward.
  • Quote: Nice job! Ah donuts... Never as good as you imagine they're going to be and always make you feel like a zombie for hours afterward.

Ain't that the truth donuts always sound good to me, yet they never taste as good as I remember them being...weird.

Turning down/walking away from food is one of the best NSV's there is. Being in control is a great feeling.
  • You've come way too far to let a doughnut call the shots!
  • That's gotta feel fantastic
  • Way to go! Stopping those unhealthy habits is soooo difficult. You should definitely be proud you're so strong! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • ubergirl, that's great, you didn't even think about it

Quote: Nice job! Ah donuts... Never as good as you imagine they're going to be and always make you feel like a zombie for hours afterward.
    I only wish that were so
  • Yippee -- that is a great NSV! Congrats to you!
  • You are awesome!!

PS - I want a donut
  • Aw, that is super!

I applaud you as I am a donut lover myself!

When I was living in California I would frequent a Mom & Pop Donut Place...

Oh my gosh walking in there was pure heaven for me. The display cases loaded with so many varieties of donuts.

At one time I even contemplated opening up my own donut haven and calling it "Jelly's"....

Now that I live in the East Coast Dunkin Donuts is the primary donut place and I don't care for their selections.

So I am safe.
  • To not even think about it! Now that's a victory. I'd totally have been thinking about it.

And you've been at this "only" 6 months! Look at how far you've come!
  • Yeah, they never taste quite as good as they should in theory huh? Too sweet, too bread-y... blech. Give me a peach!

Congrats on this! Donuts are definitely very bad for you and it's great that you are not even tempted by them anymore.
  • good job!!

my rough spot is the line of fast food on my way to class, there's a Dunkin Doghnuts, a KFC, a Rally's, a McD's, a Taco Bell, a BK, a Arby's and a pizza place all within the mile or so between the highway and my small college. So i feel your pain and WISH that i didnt even think about it any more./ Go you!!!