3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Just a wee rant (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/188381-just-wee-rant.html)

lonegirl 12-18-2009 11:55 PM

Just a wee rant

Don't you just hate when you feel you are wearing something nice and look great....then you see a photo and OMG "what a fat (albeit happy) looking lump. I chose a cute top and pants for my work Christmas party....looked very flattering, I thought, then I am at home going through my photos and it is like wow! I know I am round....but man...
Oh well...I am not really doing anything about it until the NEw Year now (I am not about to get into it the week of Christmas)

cherry7211 12-19-2009 12:13 AM

I was feeling good today and wore something pretty for my update 10 pounds lost pic and when I took it I saw lumps n bumps I didn't like! Grrrr! lol

CLCSC145 12-19-2009 01:08 AM

Hey, why not do something about it now? Why wait? So you may have a few Christmas functions between now and New Years, but what about all the other hours and days in there? You can still make good choices and make progress even during the holidays!

Goddess Jessica 12-19-2009 01:42 AM

It's always so frustrating. Agreed.

StarryEyes86 12-19-2009 02:06 AM

Same here! I'm so tired of untagging myself in my friends recent Facebook photos of me...I agree...time to act now!

medinazarley 12-19-2009 02:44 AM

I felt that way about my wedding pictures in April 30 lbs lighter than I am now!

Also, I was very proud to lose 14 lbs since my last dr. Apt, and I saw the pictures from my sons b-day party and felt like I looked Bigger!! Grr. just some motivation to stay on track through the holidays.

Eliana 12-19-2009 08:38 AM

Yep, I hate pictures. I don't know if I have really flattering mirrors in my house or what, but the mirror and pictures do not tell the same story.

I second the notion to start now, but then I'm not one to follow the crowd. I would hate to have to say I started January 1st! :p

Mikayla 12-19-2009 09:31 AM

Just so everyone knows it's NOT a good idea to take pictures in your underwear. The other day I bought the cutest underwear and a VERY expensive well fitting bra. When I put them on I thought I looked fabulous, so I decided that I would start taking underwear progress pictures. OMG it was so bad, I wanted to cry when I saw the picture and it really took away from the excited feeling I had when I looked in the mirror. JUST DON"T DO IT!

lonegirl 12-19-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLCSC145 (Post 3052989)
Hey, why not do something about it now? Why wait? So you may have a few Christmas functions between now and New Years, but what about all the other hours and days in there? You can still make good choices and make progress even during the holidays!

I hate failure...that's why. There isn't a day from now until the New Year that I don't have stuff going on. I am all geared up to continue hard and strong in the New Year. This April/Mayish we are going to start trying to get pregnant again....so 4-5 months of good hard work....which I am looking forward to!! :)

starfishkitty 12-19-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonegirl (Post 3052967)
OMG "what a fat (albeit happy) looking lump.

:rofl:

This cracked me up!

So, so true! Up until recently... this used to happen every time! I'm FINALLY starting to get some cute pics back.... :) Though I'm sure in another 20lbs or so I'll look back and go "Ugh! Wth was I thinking???"

:lol:

VickieLou 12-19-2009 11:50 AM

Recently, I got to see some wedding pictures from this Spring. I had gone from a size 26 to a size 16. I was disappointed. I still looked huge in the picture. Do pictures make you look 10 LBS Heavier? I have since this Spring put back on 27 LBS.