Walk away the pounds

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I'm getting it from the library tonight... the book and the dvd.

Who's doing it? Who loves it?

With it being -30 here (ouch) I'm getting in NO walking and that's a FAR cry from the 15 miles a week I WAS doing!!!!!
  • I have the walk and jog dvd of hers. I just do the walking part the whole way through. It is definitely a workout for when you cant get outside. She changes things up too to keep you interested and moving.
  • That's good! I saw some clips of her dvd's and they LOOK good. I'm hoping it's a good workout as I was doing 4-5 miles in less than an hour and I really need something to replace that... this winter is looking grim!
  • I have the video she did with Nutrisystem a while back. Its just called "the women's walk". 2 miles plus a firming/toning 45 minute session. The walk is easy enough for me, but the firming and toning session still kills me every time.

I've been pretty happy with it. She is upbeat, which I liked better than Jillian's approach.
  • upbeat is good! Jillian just ticks me off... I can DO the video's but she annoys me... lol!
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't Jillian's biggest fan. I know she has tons of fans but being yelled at while I'm working out just isn't my thing.

I think you'll like Leslie. However, at this point, I've done the video so many times that I put her on mute, follow the tv and listen to books on tapes while I'm working out.
  • Love'em, Love'em, Love'em!

She has a number of different ones and I switch up the ones that I have. I want her latest that incorporates weights but they are expensive, about $50 including shipping. If that set gets to Walmart, I will definitely buy them.
  • Which ones do you like best Cheryl?
  • I have a lot of Leslie's workouts, at least 20. I find her very motivating especially on days that I don't want to get up and do anything. I generally prefer the shorter workouts {under three miles} that have jogging intervals, such as the Big Burn.

One thing that I like about WATP is that you can make them easy by taking smaller steps and dropping the arms or harder by adding jogging, more arm movements, or turning sidesteps into jumping jacks.

Leslie is a little chatty, but she's very enthusiastic!
  • I love WATP too. My favorite is The 4 Mile Super Challenge, 4 mile walk with no weights or running. It is one of her older videos. Sometimes you can get the older ones cheaply at used book stores.
  • I love WATP too. It is on my Free On Demand. I also love her jogging DVD's. It's a great route when you can't get outside. Yep, it is cold! I bought a good base layer of silk long underwea--I couple it with fleece and am doing ok so far.
  • I started with the Express series. You would probably prefer the three and four mile one but the one mile is good for a beginner. She has you do some resistance band work while you walk. This series is still my favorite but maybe because they are so familiar to me. I put it on my laptop with the sound very low and do the workout while also watching tv.

I got the Walk and Firm but seldom use it. I like the 3 mile Express video better.

My latest is the 5 Day Slim Down - A Mile Each Morning and I am doing it everyday right now. The title is a little misleading. The DVD is divided into 7 chapters. I like to get up early do the warm up walk, jump to Day 5 the Speed Walk and then the Cool Down Walk. If I have time, I do the Speed Walk twice. It gets me moving fast. The downside to this DVD is that it does not use the resistance bands so I make sure that I use them at some other time. My weight loss started moving again when I started using this DVD so....

Like I said in my other posting, I want the one with weights. The video clip looks good but I am considering joining a gym and don't want to spend the money on the DVDs if I do.

Description From Leslie's site of the 5 Day Slim Down

Warm Up Walk - 5 min.

Day 1: Classic Walk - It's why millions walk our way. This basic brisk mile is full of all the classic moves of "Walking at Home!" 14 min. mile.
    Day 2: Scultp Your Arms - Use more muscle of the upper body to burn more calories. 14 min. mile.
    Day 3: Slim Your Legs - The best walking moves to slim thighs and tone the back end. 14 min. mile.
    Day 4: Trim Your Tummy - Use more core muscles while you walk for a trim waistline. 14 min. mile.
    Day 5: Speed Walk - Increase the speed to increase the burn for all over body slimming! 12 min. mile.

Cool Down Walk & Stretch - 9 min.

Total Workout Time: Approx. 82 min.
  • I actually just had her WATP for Abs sent to my house.... while I'm going to be in India for a month, I sure as heck will have a lot of time on my hands while the boyfriend is at work (if I'm tired of exploring that is) so I figured I'd take this along with me to do in his apartment since I've heard such good things about WATP! I'm really, really paranoid about gaining during the month I'm there... with all the unknown foods and inability to hit the gym... it has me a little stressed. :/ Hopefully WATP will help keep the weight gain at bay!
  • I like her videos. I have the express 1-3 miles, walk and firm and a jog one plus another one that came with these resistance bands attached to the waist. I was doing them a lot for awhile and I would put on my ipod and listen to dance music while I worked out to the dvd and I would move faster to the music, her voice got on my nerves after awhile. But I really like them.
  • Kay. I just did the one mile one that came with the book. Yah. That was so incredibly easy it's not even funny. She's like "it's time to cool down" and I'm all like "what? we just started!" lol!!!!

I'm downloading the 5 mile one BUT I found it fun and really liked it so yay!