Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Default The work weight gain...

My schedule now is that I work two long days in a row and the I'm off for five. (I work part-time) My long days are very long because I commute 70 miles on each side of a 12 hour shift.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I work, I put on 3 to 5 pounds of water weight. Usually it takes a couple of days to shed the water weight, and then, if I'm going to see a loss, I see it... then BAM, back to work where I gain 3 to 5 pounds again.

Of course, I'm still seeing a net loss and I'm used to it, so I don't freak too much, but it still BUGS me.

I'm not sure if it's the four hours of driving in two days-- sometimes I sit a lot and sometimes I move around a lot while I'm there. I TRY to drink enough water, but I often feel like I get very dry when I'm there.

I'm kind of used to it, but I still hate it.

Any suggestions?
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #2  
Reluctant Adult

I think that's just the way some of us lose weight. My own journey is much the same, and I don't have commuting/long work shifts involved (I work from home). My weight loss goes something like this: Down 2 pounds, up 7 pounds, down 4 pounds, up 1 pound, down 4 pounds, up 3 pounds.... you get the idea. I have truly astonishing swings, and my weight loss graph looks like a bunch of icicles hanging off a stair rail. It bugs me, too, but I guess it's just how I lose... so long as the general trend is downward, I try not to get too irritated by it.

It's hard to accept, but I think you're doing beautifully overall! 67 pounds in less than 7 months? Wow!!

Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think it's a combination of the sitting and the higher stress. If there's any sleep deprivation, that retains water too.

Maybe after those days spend some time laying on the floor with your legs on the wall. Reduces stress *and* helps reduce water retention.

You might experiment with less salt and less carbs starting the day before you start to retain water.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote