3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Best Lunch EVAH! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/187913-best-lunch-evah.html)

cfmama 12-10-2009 03:03 PM

Best Lunch EVAH!

Left over ground chicken taco salads :)

1 cup taco seasoned ground chicken
1/4 cup shredded mozza
1/4 cup diced onions, tomato's, red peppers
4 cups lettuce (I like LARGE salads)
4 T salsa
2 T fat free ranch...

OMG heaven in a bowl. So super yum!

what did you have today?

rakel 12-10-2009 03:12 PM

I had a chicken salad sandwich using Arnold's sandwich thins, chicken tarragon with slivered almonds, a thin slice of white cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and onion. On the side I had 3 slices of honeydew and 1 serving of baked bbq chips. For a sweet treat, I had a 100 calorie pudding from kozy shack. It was pretty tasty!! :)

Dulce Vida 12-10-2009 04:41 PM

OMG that salad sounds yummyyyy! I have to try that soon!

TJFitnessDiva 12-10-2009 05:01 PM

ooo that does sound yummy! I had a chicken sandwich, small salad and some cherries :)

Glory87 12-10-2009 06:06 PM

Love it! I skip the cheese (doesn't agree with me) and add a little roasted corn from Trader Joe's (comes frozen, I just nuke my desired portion in the microwave) and a few tortilla strips for CRUNCH.

Sometimes, I make tacos for dinner JUST so I can make taco salads for lunch with the leftovers! It's one of my favs.

rakel 12-10-2009 06:40 PM

I'm not really a huge taco salad person - but I do enjoy the naked burrito bowl things from places like Chipolte & Qudoba. I just get them with rice, chicken, lettuce, light cheese, sour cream, and 1/2 regular mild salsa and 1/2 corn salsa. Yummy!

luckymommy 12-10-2009 06:52 PM

I had a Subway 6" roasted chicken sandwich with tons of veggies and tons of Dijon mustard. It was sooooo good and quite filling! I know it's not as good as your salad, but maybe I will make your salad this week! Yum! I like that the Subway sandwich has 320 calories...that makes it easy for me to count. I also don't get cheese because it not only doesn't agree with me, but it also adds more calories and I can't really tell it's in there anyway. ;)

Lori259 12-10-2009 07:37 PM

I ate 3 ham & cheese grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch today. YUM YUM~Was 510 calories.
But I was running low on stuff Since I go grocery shopping 2morrow.
I love salads too Just out of all my stuff~Will be feeling up the fridge & cabinets again 2morrow. I grocery shop once a week only to remain on a strict budget LOL~even If I forget something ~I go once a week....Unless it is super important to have....I am such a penny pincher the older I get LOL!

By the way~cfmama~Look how close you are to onederland! You are zooming through those pounds~I AM SO DANG PROUD OF YOU!

ANewCreation 12-10-2009 07:57 PM

Your lunch sounds fabulous and everyone in my family would gobble it right up!

Today a friend came over for lunch. I made salt and pepper shrimp served over a coleslaw (with a oriental type dressing). She made an avocado soup. Since we're both working on getting healthy (and in the process losing wt.) it was all filled with the right stuff.

Portion control and calories were kept under control and a good time was had by all! We had so much fun exchanging recipes that we have decided to do this once a month after the holidays are over. We'll both bring healthy recipes to the table to be sampled and enjoyed over lunch.

Win-win for both of us!

medinazarley 12-10-2009 08:26 PM

I way over slept today so I had a bagel w/1 tbsp of cream cheese for "lunch"

when I do taco salads i put only a sprinkle of cheese, and I add a serving of crunched up tortilla chips. the extra crunch is worth the calories for me.

rockinrobin 12-10-2009 08:59 PM

I LOVE chicken taco salads.

My lunch was an enormous salad - romaine hearts, grape tomatoes, orange bell peppers, red onions, cut up clementine with balsamic vinegar. With a yogurt.

That was fabulous. But I really want to tell you about my dinner.

Homemade pureed veggie soup - soooo good. Fabulous homemade pesto on salmon fillet. It was delectable. Andd OMG - so good - I made zucchini ribbons. I sauteed a sliced onion in a drop of oil, then I added the ribbons and a clove of crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper and a little Parmesan cheese. It's like I was eating an enormous bowl of the very best pasta.

3 1/2 years later and I am STILL amazed at how wonderful healthy foods can be :drool:. I am amazed and grateful to have discovered this.

raebeaR 12-10-2009 10:03 PM

In keeping with the South of the Border Theme...

Dinner was a WW tortilla stuffed with a third cup of black beans, some homemade chile verde made with super-lean pork, 1/2 oz of LF Monterey Jack cheese, topped with chopped scallions, halved grape tomatoes, a cup of chopped lettuce, fresh salsa and a TB of LF sour cream.

<berp> EXXXXX-cellent!!!!

gloo 12-10-2009 11:48 PM

I keep hearing about the wonders of zucchini ribbons and it sounds like something I'd totally dig -- I adore zucchini.

I guess I never really asked...how do you ribbon your zucchini? I have a friend that does it with a potato peeler, but is there some other trick to it? I keep telling myself I have to try it.

rockinrobin 12-11-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloo (Post 3043184)
I keep hearing about the wonders of zucchini ribbons and it sounds like something I'd totally dig -- I adore zucchini.

I guess I never really asked...how do you ribbon your zucchini? I have a friend that does it with a potato peeler, but is there some other trick to it? I keep telling myself I have to try it.

Yes, I use a vegetable peeler. I hold the zucchini straight up and down on one end. I rotate it and keep peeling and peeling away. Try it. Try it. Try it.

cfmama 12-11-2009 02:39 AM

Oh that sounds SO FREAKING GOOD RR! I'm going to give that a try this weekend :)