Old 12-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Accountibily, post your menu, exercise, support, - Week of Dec. 7

Do you need a place to post your menu, exercise plan, get support? Then this is the place for you!!! Come on in!
_______
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #2  

Hi chicks - after watching Dr. Oz today - I need to be more diligent about life and health. For today:

b - cornbread with butter spray, soy bacon
l - tuna sandwich, veggies
s - yogurt, fruit
d - soup
s - sf cocoa, tangerine

Lots of water
stretches....
eat slowly
try and think positive
Old 12-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for starting a new thread for us! I can't wait to check out Dr Oz tonight.

Today is our pizza party at work and I am determined to resist temptation! Of course, it doesn't hurt that hubby and I are making our own "healthy" pizza for dinner tonight!

I had another great workout last night. I am thinking about changing my routine a bit. Instead of doing weights AND cardio in the same night, I am thinking about alternating weights and a little bit of cardio and then just cardio. I did that a while ago and I liked it. What do you think?

I have also added a "reminder" to my cell phone--now it 'sounds off' every day at 3:45pm to remind me to go to the gym. I am going to add a little inspirational msg to myself each week too (I'll change it each week).

I have my reward lip gloss just waiting for me. It's a really pretty color--perfect for this time of year! Can't wait to wear it...only 12 more OP days to go!!!

Have a great OP day!!!!

Last edited by mj5; 12-09-2009 at 11:48 AM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I've been kind of off track the last couple of days. We had a major snowstorm and my husband was out of town. I had the joy of digging out the animal pens and trying to get them fed. I miss him when he is gone anyway, and it just has been a rough couple of days. But he's back, I'm going to spin class tomorrow.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #5  
mj5

Diane--Good for you for getting back on track! Glad your hubby is bad home!

I made it throught the pizza party! I ate my healthy lunch ahead of time. Then I put on lip gloss, chewed gum, AND drank LOTS of water while everyone else ate pizza and drank soda. I am now munching on an apple. It feels SO good!!! The nice part is, there was NO peer pressure from my team. They all know I am trying to eat healthier. One person asked if I was having any, but that was it.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

MJ, wow! That's huge! I think it's really hard to resist temptation like that, especially pizza!

I've been struggling with hunger these past two days, which is odd after a month with no trouble. Today, it's as bad as it was that first week. I'm clock watching, and I hate that. I need to have a better plan set for dinner because on days like this, I end up grazing while I stare at my cupboard wondering what I should feed the family.

We're going to the movies this afternoon and I'm a popcorn nut! So I'm going to smuggle in some healthier popcorn. Anyone got a big purse I could borrow?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #7  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh boy, I just realized Hanukkah brings eight days of fried foods! (Our family celebrates Hanukkah for me and Christmas for my husband and kids.) So it looks like I may need some encouragement in the upcoming weeks to practice portion control! LOL!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #8  

Checking in to say hi....I'll be back from working this morning.

My son has the H1N1 virus. So he has been banished to their basement (thank goodness there's a TV, bathroom etc). Please - don't want everyone else there to get it. He just got out of the hospital right before turkey day. Enough already!!!

Have a great day.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #9  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! We were able to get our Christmas tree last night. It is now standing naked in the living room. It's ok, though. We'll be able to decorate tomorrow. I took Wednesday off next week to finish up my shopping. I was going to finish this weekend, but a friend wants to go shopping on Saturday and since we haven't seen each other in forever I am super excited to go with her!!! We are going to an outlet mall near us, so hopefully we'll find lots of good bargains!

Eliana--Thanks. It helps that hubby and I make a healthier pizza at home--can't totally give up pizza! I do have a big purse you can borrow!!!! It's funny you mention popcorn. I have been bringing 100 cal bags of smartfood popcorn for my afternoon snack. yummy! Oh wow, 8 days of fried foods.....you have all the encouragement you need from us!!!

Beverlyjoy--Oh no! Your poor son. 2010 HAS to be a better year! Hope he feels better soon!

rakel--How are you?

Diane--Are you still getting hit with lots of snow? How was spin class?

dgramie--How are you?

The scale was down again this morning--won't "officially" count until weigh in day on Monday, but SO nice to see the loss. I am only 1lb away from my ticker weight. *Hopefully* by Monday I won't need to adjust my ticker at all! Just goes to prove to myself ONE more time that I MUST exercise and eat well in order to lose weight. It's not rocket science.

Ok, I need to fill up my water bottle.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #10  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

mj - thanks for asking, I guess I was posting in the wrong thread. I'm copy and pasting over my post last night:

I always seem to forget how many calories are in a bagel. Today I went to a local bagel shop for a sandwhich. Now, they make really good homemade bagels and cream cheese, so I thought maybe I would get some. It's not necessarily that it's a bad idea, but knowing the way I am, I knew I was going to want to eat one. When I got hungry around my usual snack time, I took a bagel out, cut it in half, and spread a bit of the strawberry cream cheese, which would have been fine. But, I had a weak moment and polished the whole thing off. On the plus side, when I got home I was not hungry in the least. Any other carby food that I could eat would make me hungry right away, but for some reason a good bagel keeps me full for hours. In fact, I still haven't eaten "dinner" yet, and it's 9pm. However, I am starting to get a bit hungry now so I think I'll have a snack that will work within my plan. I can still have 363 calories, which is plenty. I will NOT go over my calories... I've been slipping up a bit more than I have been lately and my progress has slowed because of it. On the 7th I "gained" all of the weight I "lost" -- although I think I really just maintained and the loss was just because I weighed myself in the morning before I ate anything. But regardless, I'm back down to 317, so onward and DOWNward.

rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #11  
is recommitted

Aunt Flow is officially here. I am taking the pill, so my period is supposed to come at a specific time every month, however for awhile I was not getting a period at all, or if I did it was 1-3 days, very light. However, it seems any time I start losing weight again it comes back in full force. I originally thought that it was just going to be light, it started 2 days ago. But then today it came with a vengeance. I feel some cramping and bloatedness. Usually I have neither with my periods. Prescription for today: drink lots of water. Maybe that will help with the bloating?
Old 12-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Made it to spin class today. There weren't very many in the class. I almost didn't go just so I could stay in my nice warm bed. But, I knew I'd feel guilty all day long.

It is just so darn cold here now. The snow is piled up all over and won't be melting any time soon. But now, the cold has really settled in. It was -15 this morning. They say we won't be above freezing until Sunday. I hate this kind of weather.

MJ - Good for you on avoiding the pizza. That's really hard to do! You should feel really proud of yourself.

Beverly - I can't imagine how frustrating this must all be for your son. I hope he can get better soon and stay better.

Eliana - Oh boy. Stay strong. Holidays are so tough. Sometimes I think if I can just maintain through the end of the year, I'll be happy.

Nicolen - Everything ok? Haven't heard from you for awhile.

Rakel - Posted at the same time as you. Hang in there!! We'll all keep plugging along.

Last edited by Slashnl; 12-10-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #13  
is recommitted

Well, just got done doing my exercise for the day. A friend came over and we did the wii fit together. I got her all set up, and then I did 30 minutes on the free step, and then she did 10 minutes. When she wasn't on the Wii Fit, she walked in place and vice versa. She's going to come over again tomorrow, and maybe we'll be workout buddies and eventually join the gym. She's very petite and only needs to lose about 20lbs, whereas I need to lose like 175... ahem 165 now... But it's all good. She's very nice and encouraging.

Speaking of, down almost another pound today, so I'm making good progress again. I have a holiday party for work coming up on Saturday and I am determined not to let it throw me off. I will be making some red velvet cupcakes and fudge, but I don't plan on gorging on sweets, and I definitely don't want to be taking any home with me after the night is through!

Last edited by rakel; 12-10-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:29 AM   #14  
mj5

Good Morning! It's a cold one here this morning (but not nearly as cold as it is at Diane's house...it's at lease above 0 here!)

rakel--you can do this, I know you can! Yep, LOTS of water! Hope you feel better today. That's awesome about your friend exercising w/ you. Doesn't matter how much either of you have to lose, just that you are exercising together. I have a friend who is trying to eat healthier. We eat lunch together most days at work--it's MUCH easier to stay on plan, even when we go out, now that she is eating healthier too. Good for you for planning ahead for your work party.

Diane--Yikes, that's cold! Good for you for getting to spin class!!!

nicolen--yea, pop in and let us know how you are!

Beverlyjoy--How's your son?

Tonight we are finally decorating our house and the tree! Tomorrow I am going shopping w/ a friend. So it should be a fun weekend.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:54 AM   #15  

Hi chicks...I had a great op day yesterday. I am so, so grateful. It felt good to not wake up with a 'food hanger'.

Here are my plans for today:

breakfast - egg white scramble, pnb toast, tangerine
lunch - out with my aunt - something healthy
snack - yogurt
dinner - cheese toast, tomato soup, green beans
snack - cherrios, skim milk, raisins

stretches and strengthening
NO TV or standing when eating
lots of water
meditation

This will be a challenging weekend. I am having lunch out with my aunt today. Tomorrow we go to dinner with DH's former colleagues from where he used to work. Sunday we are going out to dinner with good friends - and then off to look at Christmas lights. I have gotten through this in the past....I will make the best choices I can.

Thanks to you all for your concern about my son and his h1n1 virus. Believe me .... all prayers are appreciate. My son is feeling a little bit better as far as the body aches. He says that this h1n1 flu just kicks your butt. It's not in my throat & respiratory system. My grandson and DIL are spending alot of time at her parents house to try and avoid alot of exposure. However, they know they have been exposed. Let's hope they can bypass it.

MJ - thanks for asking about my son. Yes, we are absolutely wishing for a better 2010. Have fun decorating the tree!!

Slash - good for you -getting yourself to that spin class!

Rakel - great to hear about losing that pound!!

Eliana - Goodness - facing laktes every night is challenging. Maybe just one - if possible. Or - fun sides to concentrate.

Everyone have a GREAT day.