Old 12-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Rakel, the cup size totally depends on the band size. The B cup in a 46B is much larger than the D cup in a 34D.

There's a chart on this page that illustrates this well. WARNING - not work friendly - pictures of the, ah, subject material (plastic surgery site). It determines cup size by a combination of ribcage measurement and actual breast measurement (from side of breast, across to center chest).

OOPS, didn't actually post the link! Here you go:

size chart

Last edited by JulieJ08; 12-05-2009 at 07:02 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #32  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

What a timely message.

Just got back from unsuccessful bra shopping. I always special order mine from a company that I'd had worked with a bra fitter recommend and they are marvelous. However, right now my band size is dropping really quickly. The $85 bra I just got last month is already loose so I thought I'd try for a store brand for this replacement, knowing I'm only likely to be wearing it a few weeks. So I head to two big girl stores, their band sizes don't go down to 36. Each store recommends Victoria Secret.

I head to the mall (ack, during Christmas shopping season) and ask the very helpful, kind lady if they carry cup size GG. Nope. So I came home resigned to ordering another bra until I read this thread. I had totally forgotten there is a store here that specializes in bras and bra fittings. Will be heading there this week. Thanks all!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Ok my problem with bra's is that I will find one that fits fine in the store. Nothing bulging out, everything is in place. Then I take it home and wear it or a few hours and my boobs are popping out usually they kinda smoosh together and create a 4 boob affect. Going up a band size does nothing and if i go up a cup size the cups are then WAY to big...UGH I hate bras :-(
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #34  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

So I bit the bullet and went to Intimacy yesterday to get fitted for a bra.

I walked in wearing a 42D ... and walked out wearing a 36G.

I would never have put myself in anything beginning with a 3, but it fits great and feels wonderful. Even my posture seems better!

I also bought myself a decent sports bra. The fact that my boobs bounced OUT of my old sports bra earlier that day while doing jumping jacks in a workout class clinched it. Much better support and holding the girls in place!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Ladies...

Are there any issues with being plus-sized in a speciality store? I was reading reviews of a store in NYC and it said "plus-sized ladies beware..."

I went BACK to Macy's and tried on more bras. NONE of them fit.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayla View Post
Ok my problem with bra's is that I will find one that fits fine in the store. Nothing bulging out, everything is in place. Then I take it home and wear it or a few hours and my boobs are popping out usually they kinda smoosh together and create a 4 boob affect. Going up a band size does nothing and if i go up a cup size the cups are then WAY to big...UGH I hate bras :-(
This may not be applicable if your band is already very snug, but have you tried going down a band size and *then* up a cup size.

Also sounds like you might do better with models designed to separate. I personally need less separation and more support at the sides. But it sounds like you might be the opposite, and they do make models just for that.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote