Old 12-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Default And it's confession time

So when I was away for the weekend I ate like crap. I ate like 1 maybe 2 meals a day. All at restaurants. We were SUPPOSED to have a fridge in our hotel room and we didn't. I was NOT driving down there so I was at the mercy of the rest of the dog breeders to drive me around and someone was always choosing restaurants that are not conducive to healthful eating. I admit that I didn't make the best choices as well.

On the flip side I RAN for four days straight. Lifting, grooming and running dogs. Show dogs (big ones) at a flat out run. NEVER sitting down from 6 am to about 2 am. I got NO sleep and maybe in four days drank 3 litres of water... TOTAL!

So I get home, get right back on plan. Tuesday morning I was 217 (I also have my period) and the scale was on it's way back down with the sodium leaving my system and things getting back on track.

But then my husbands birthday was yesterday. And he wanted to go to Pizza hut. And he NEVER asks me to go out to eat because he knows how hard it is for me. So I threw caution to the wind and went... and ate. A LOT. 3 pieces of pizza, 2 mozza sticks and a brownie.

And the scale was 220 this morning. So right now I am sitting almost 7 lbs over where I was last Thursday morning. And it's killing me because it's my fault! I made these poor choices. A WEEKS worth of poor choices! YUCK!!!!!

So this is MY recommitting... I'm sticking to 1200 calories for the week to minimize the damage (lots of low cal filling foods), getting in my three liters and I'll reassess the damage on Sunday. Hopefully by NEXT Sunday I'll see a loss from 213.2.

It's a journey right?
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #2  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

It's most definitely a journey, and despite a fuzzy week (let's face it, on the down side your food choices left something to be desired, but on the plus side you had a good time, right?), it's so encouraging to see you back up and at 'em!

I'm learning that it really is a journey, with ups and downs and everything inbetween.

Good for you on your recommitment! We're all here to hold you to it too
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

its totally a journey. And you've made the right choice by going right back onto plan. Life is unpredictable sometimes and you can't always have perfect control. But you've come so far already and you'll just continue moving.

Really, don't be hard on yourself. In the grand scheme of things, this weight is just a blip in a journey. Good luck on your plans for the next week
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #4  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Boy do I feel for you... I ate more than planned on Thanksgiving and the next day I was 5 pounds heavier! As of this morning I am still 3 pounds heavier than I was last Thurs.

It's frustrating, but like you said.. it's a journey. We both learned from it and we both moved on. The scale will head in the right direction again soon. Stick with it!

Last edited by Kae; 12-03-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hugs to you my darling. I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. But rest assured, you'll get a few good days under your belt and you'll be feeling MUCH better. You'll be relieved to be back where you belong (into your healthy eating plan) and that scale WILL plummet. Really it will. You'll see.

One more thing. I know that 1200 calories is no hardship IF you choose the right foods (which I know you will), that's what I live on. BUT you don't. So please don't "punish" yourself, trying to "make up" for it. I'd hate for you to feel hungry, munchie or snacky and then set yourself up to OVERSPEND calories in the end. If you're hungry - stick to your "normal" allotment. Another day or two (of the weight being on you) won't make much of a difference in the scope of things.

I can't wait to read that thread where you tell us how all that weight is off - and then some.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #6  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Honestly... you'll probably lose it really quick. I was like that after Thanksgiving and Halloween and it came off a lot faster than it normally would have which makes me think it's just my body holding onto that bad food... but not permanently. Give it a few days, see what happens.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

You know what its actually refreshing to know that you , one of my weight loss heros, are not perfect. So please dont beat yourself up! Look at it as you have encouraged someone else to know that it just takes commitment and work and that your not perfect ALL the time.
Your amazing! Just get back at it and you will be fine.
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I predict that by the end of next week you'll see a whoosh taking you lower than you started the cheat at.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

It is a journey! Good for you for getting back on the wagon!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

One slip up, under difficult circumstances, in many months is not bad! You are back on plan and you will lose those pounds in no time. You are human and these things happen.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #11  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I feel ya - had a rough week myself!! I know you can get back on track as well!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Ditto what Robin said! It's easy to get in cycles of eat too much, eat too little, eat too much (restricting too much nearly always drives me to overeat, which makes me restrict, etc). Just forgive yourself and go back to your normal plan!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Remember though, you have your period, and Pizza Hut is CRAZY salty food (as is other restaurant food)--those 7 lbs could easily all be water retention. If not all of them, then definitly most of them. So drink up, and most if not all of it will flush out after TOM.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #14  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

well, everybody else said it. I'll just add that it's great to read your posts, always inspirational, you kick behind when it comes to weightloss. This is just a blip.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #15  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

It's really not about what you did, but about what you are doing right now. And you are recommitting and that's all that matters. It happens to the best of us and maybe it's a lesson we all need to learn. We don't have to be perfect all the time to be successful.

As always, you are such an inspiration!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote