Old 12-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #16  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
I buy a pair of new Levi's everytime I go down a size (in 16's now!!!) and a couple of cheap wal-mart t-shirts... and then wear them until I cannot any more!!!

I do spend a LOT of money on underwear though that I can only wear for like a month.... lol!!!
I am embarrassed to say I still wear the same size 8 underwear I wore in high school! I'm 35 and many pounds heavier. Somehow they still fit...with a little plumber bottom going on. I did finally buy some underwear that really and truly fit. But now they're way too big! So I'm back to the size 8's!

I really don't know how I wear size 8's...
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #17  
Really maintaining now!

S/C/G: 375.6/low 160s maintaining

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
I buy a pair of new Levi's everytime I go down a size (in 16's now!!!) and a couple of cheap wal-mart t-shirts... and then wear them until I cannot any more!!!

I do spend a LOT of money on underwear though that I can only wear for like a month.... lol!!!
Oh, yeah, I have to replace my underwear very frequently, because it gets so big it bunches up under my clothes, and whoa, that is so unflattering. The size 14 (US, they're 18 UK, but I'm an expat, and my brain still thinks in terms of US sizing, so it's a number that really COUNTS for me) jeans I just bought at the Gap probably won't last long, but that was SUCH a major NSV for me, and one I've been desperately looking forward to, that I can't say I regret it at all. The occasional "to heck with it" clothing treat really keeps me going, you know?
catherinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #18  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I'm still wearing the clothes I was wearing at 275 lbs and yes they're baggy but I belt the jeans and will get other clothes adjusted. Things like t-shirts don't really matter because I just wear them to the gym, but like suits and stuff, I got taken in at the dry cleaners before I moved. I'm thinking of trying out a pair of jeans with a tailor here... we'll see though... If I was home, my mom knows how to take stuff in too, so that would have been an option. I think I'm going to wait till the fit of the clothes are ridiculous, before shopping at a new size. I don't really have any skinny clothes either (except stuff I wore as a child of 12- maybe size 12s) since with moving through college and grad school, a lot of stuff got given away.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #19  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
You ladies talking about pants being too short...I still have to alter the petite sizes because they are too long!
At least you can alter them to make them fit. It is hard to make them much longer. I have been known to let the hem down to get an extra 1/2".
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #20  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

I have a friend thats losing weight too so Im hoping to inherit her clothes! haha =P

But seriously, I just plan on buying a few things as cheap as possible to get me by until Im where I want to be. I have looked around on ebay and think buying a whole lot of clothes seems likes a really good deal! Im probably going to go to like burlington coat factory, tj max, ross, etc.

All I know is that I want to save the majority of my budget for a huge warddrobe shopping spree when I get to goal!!!!
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #21  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I shop mostly at Goodwill and other thrift stores with some clearance items from wal-mart and cato thrown in. I did get a brand new, non-clearance pair of jeans as a reward for getting to onederland. When I'm at the thrift stores I always shop ahead for the sizes I am headed to since the stock does turn over so quickly and I have no idea how much they will have in that size when I actually get to the point of actually needing it. Right now I am wearing 14s and shopping for 12s and 10s. The only things I regularly purchase new and not on clearance are panties and bras. Since July I have gone from 10s to 7s and a 42FF to a 36D. I have probably spent more on panties and bras than on outer clothes.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I beg, borrow and steal clothes. I'm not kidding. My SO was just a size smaller than I am now at her highest weight, and I've started stealing her clothing when at all possible. I do this to my mother and my best friend, all of whom are about the same size. So if you have friends who have lost/gained weight, see what you can borrow from them.

Otherwise, I buy stuff on clearance at Torrid and Old Navy; plus, I look for things that will carry me through farther. I just bought a $15 dress at Torrid. I need Spanx to wear it now, but in 20 lbs, it will still look fine. So I avoid clothes (like jeans) that have a very short size life.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #23  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
I just bought a $15 dress at Torrid. I need Spanx to wear it now, but in 20 lbs, it will still look fine. So I avoid clothes (like jeans) that have a very short size life.
LOL... You sound like me. I'll spend $25 on a pair of Spanx to make a pair of $10 slacks look nice.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

^^^^ LOL...yeah. Luckily, I already had the Spax, so I didn't have to spend more money on them. Plus, I really think everyone should own some sort of "foundation" underwear, no matter their size.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:50 AM   #25  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I shop mostly at Goodwill and the childrens section at Target and Walmart.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #26  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

For the past few years, I've been buying most of my clothes as BCOutlet.com (the clearance outlet for Roaman's, Women Within and other Redcat-owned companies).

The deals were awesome, but I got so sick of mail-order shopping. If I wanted to find anything in my size, I'd have to check the site at least twice a day - they'd run out of my size that quickly.

I thought I'd have to wait longer to buy off-the-rack, but I can fit into jeans at Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug. Walmart tops fit, but I hate that they're so short (when tops end before my hips, I look like Humpty Dumpty in them).

This year, I've had awesome luck at thrift stores. There must be at least one (very-well dressed) lady in town who wears a 4X. The last time I was at a local church thrift store, I bought four tops. Never-been-worn, from the looks of them - one still had on the store tags. I left four behind (and wish I'd picked them up).

Even a high-end "boutique" consignment shops have been getting some really nice clothing in my size. I almost bought a gorgeous red corduroy dress for Christmas. It was a little to "cutesy" and way to Christmassy, though. It had a little applique of Winnie the Pooh and the gang opening Christmas presents. It was adorable, but I'd only get one month's wear out of it, so I didn't take it home.

I'm starting to remember how much I like clothes shopping.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Every one is different, but it is REALLY IMPORTANT to me psychologically to wear clothes that fit and look nice on the way down.

One of the reasons I never stuck with anything before is that I never reached a point where I (and others) noticed how much better I look.

So, I've spent money on a few articles of clothing that really flatter. I feel so terrific when I wear them that it really helps keep me on track.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote