Stress!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I didn't post about this when it happened, but I got laid off from my job end of September. (This is precisely what happened when I gained over 100 lbs in less than 6 months, in 2003, btw--laid off/husband demanded divorce the same week.) All that stress + depression blew me out of the water and I gained back all the weight I'd lost over the last 3 years, plus more.

So throughout October, I was pretty stressed, and upset, although I've been through it before and I actually got an extremely generous severance package. (I was laid off due to the economy.) And I couldn't eat much.

Then, I got an AWESOME job end of October. I love it! But I'm extremely busy at work! Like, not only do I often not have time to eat, some days I barely have time to take potty breaks.

So stress + not eating as much, or as regularly, + running around all crazy at my new job = a mighty, mighty whoosh. I'm not concerned, I was way overdue for it.

30 lbs in 9 weeks!

I used to say I looked 40 lbs lighter than I actually was. When I was 235-ish people were guessing me at under 200. I looked under 200. Now, I look my weight, give or take. So I guess it took some stress to shake that scale up!

Sometimes, stress is a good thing. And things have slowed down a bit at work, so I'm eating more regularly now.
  • Wow, congratulations on both the new job and the big number.
  • I can't imagine how scared you must have been, getting laid off and your past history with weight. But not this time. Amazing how things have a way of working out! Wow. To lose your job and then get a new AWESOME one - congratulations.!! And then there's your weight. What can one say? Really DC. You're just, just, just - PHENOMENAL!!! Determined, hard-working, totally committed and I LOVE hearing all about it! Congratulations on so many fronts!
  • wow wow wow!!!!!! That is just freaking awesome! Great job!!!!
  • and you are going to see the 1--'s in like less than two weeks! You rock!!!!
  • Ha, probably not. But I'll be completely satisfied if I see them by 12/31.
  • either way. Great job!!!! I need some stress like that... lol!!!
  • I wouldn't recommend it! But it turned out pretty dern awesome.
  • I'm so glad you're weathering the stress well DC. I don't think anything will get in the way of you reaching your goal; you'll be there before you know it!
  • DC how awesome is that! You had a HUGE test and made it through with flying colors. Losing weight because your stressed is an achievement for us stress eaters.

You absolutely rock!
  • Wow well done! That just shows how it's worth persisting even when the scales aren't moving!
  • I wish this was my issues! Stress=gain.

but congrats, that is insane!
  • Congratulations! I'm glad to hear things are looking up (and settling down!).
  • Good job! And total NSV in not letting the stress turn into an "excuse" to give up!
  • To go through the same situation that sent to the fridge before and make it through without doing that...is just awesome!! Congrats!!