Weighing IN

• So I have become completely obsessive about weighing myself. I will do it when I wake up, after I pee, after I do other things, after a meal. I am like seriously I need to stop. So I had my Fiance hide my scale for me, and I am not going to look at it until Wed. which is my weigh in day. I want to look for it so bad though. lol. I am not going to, but it's still driving me crazy cuz I want to know what I weigh. How do you gals that wait a week between weigh in's push through the urge to want to weigh yourself.
  • I can't help you because I'm a daily weigher. I just wanted to let you know that I thoroughly and whole-heartedly approve of your 195 pound goal, LOL. Last time I lost weight, my 30-pound-lost gift to myself was an awesome little black Coach handbag! So you go, girl--you will NOT regret it! So if daily weighing doesn't work for you, think about that new Coach purse, stay on track, and wait till Wednesday to weigh in!
  • Thanks girl! We just had a Coach outlet open about 45 minutes from my house. I was up there a few months ago and fell in love with this Pink Coach purse but it was 125.00, which is NOT bad compared to what it was before it was marked down. I just could bring myself to pay that much for a purse. But I figured it was a great reward being halfway to my goal!
  • Weighing everyday is okay if you can step outside the fact that what happens on one particular day is not important in the big picture. If you find yourself depressed if you don't show a loss, then I would try to get in the habit of weighing only once a month. I say a month because sometimes you could stay the same for a week and it could really throw you if you don't see a loss.
  • I am a daily weigher too... I weigh once in the morning and once before bed. It keeps me accountable. Weighing at night gives me a pretty good idea of what I'll weigh the next morning. (I generally weigh 2-4 pounds more at night.)

If you find yourself getting depressed when you frequently weigh-in then you may want to scale it back some. I went through a phase when I weighed myself several times a day... it didn't help anything at all! Now I'm in control of it and I think it is because I have accepted that some days my scale will fluctuate but it's the overall trend of the week that is important.
  • I weigh twice a week because daily weighing fluctuations were kinda driving me crazy. My mid-week weigh in is kind of to keep me accountable/on track for my real (Sunday) weigh in, so that Sunday is not a terrible surprise.

As to how I avoid obsessively weighing myself between scheduled weigh ins: I kind of anticipate my weigh in days like its christmas or my birthday: if I've lost, then its an awesome present, if I haven't its a bum gift but at least I get another go the following week. Just like I won't rip open the presents under the tree before Christmas as much as I want to, I restrain myself from stepping on the scale on non-weighing days.
  • I weight once a week because I like to see a weeks worth of loss all at once...it's really motivating. Also, I find that it holds me accountable without putting soo much pressure on me every day. And I'm like toasted...the daily fluctuations drive me nuts...up one day, down the next...drink a glass of orange juice and gain half a pound in five minutes, lol. I don't know how you guys can weigh every day!!

I think spreading it apart gives you something to really look forward to rather than dread, but I know everyone is different. I like your little reward system!