Woo and Hoo

• Last night I was able to put on a normal 14, a normal 13/14, and a 14P, non of them are stretch and they all fit well enough that I would wear them in public, though the 14P is a bit snug. That makes me officially a 14, WOOHOO!!!!!!
  • WOOHOO!!! i haven't seen a 14 since high school, LOL Congratulations!
  • congratulations!!!!
  • Wow! I can't wait to comfortably fit back into my 14s.. Congrats and keep up the great work!! xoxo
  • Super super awesome!!!!!
  • Ya Hoo!! WTG! I'd do a flip flop....if I could! <smile>

Cathy
  • Thanks everyone.

Today I discovered a pair in my box of 14s that is actually baggy. Insane!
  • That is so awesome! Up till now every time I tried on clothes, they seemed to fit the same as they always did, but tonight I tried on a size smaller than usual, and they were too big! I'm joining you in your woo and hoo! (One of my major goals is to get back into regular women's sizes - I hate seeing all those pretty clothes that don't show up in the fat lady's department.)
  • That is just great!!! Way to go! I also can't wait to fit into a 14. It hasn't been since I was like 10 or so that I could wear a 14. That will feel very empowering!
  • So I went through my closet and packed up absolutely everything that is even a little bit too big. Today I will be tackling the dresser and doing laundry so that I can pack up anything in there that's too big - including the one pair of baggy 14 jeans. Anything that someone can use during winter is going to the charity place today. Summer things are being stored to take to the charity place when it warms back up. I am not keeping those things around here to give me an easy way out if I try gaining weight back, nuh uh. I wish I didn't need to keep the summer stuff around, but the place I take things to doesn't have much room for storage. I am going to label the boxes though and then when it does warm up I am not even going to open them and tempt myself with any of my favorite pieces, I'm going to tape them up now and they will stay that way until the people working the charity shop open them. I want it to be harder on me if I gain it back, I want to have to go hunt bigger clothes if I let myself slip that far. While I'm out dropping this stuff off today I am also going to start hunting me some more things for my size 12 box and some things to start a size 10 box. I want to make it easy to get smaller and hard to get bigger.

Does anyone who is about my height (I'm also kinda apple shaped, though I'm apparently turning into a pear) have any guesses about how many pounds there are between size 14 and size 12? I know every body is different, but I'm just curious about how long I have to put together a decent enough size 12 wardrobe.
  • Way to go Roxy, you must feel terrific! Keep up the great work!

Sorry, no idea about the sizes, since I am 5'10" it takes me about 15 pounds between sizes.
  • So, based on yesterday's surprising success, I went and tried on regular women's clothing today - I fit in them! I didn't think I would - I just wanted to see how close I was. The extra-large shirts and exercise pants were actually too large! I can't remember how long it has been since I fit in "size - large" clothing. A little victory like today is unbelievably motivating - I've felt like I've been getting nowhere with a very slow, steady weight loss, but it actually is coming along.