NSV. New bathing suit!!!!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have been swimming since May/June. I thank my bathing suit, in part, for getting me into the pool. I was so self-conscious about how I looked that I was avoiding going until I invested in a Junonia bathing suit that really covered me up. Navy blue with a long skirt, almost to my knees, and a back that covered almost everything. It was SUCH an old lady suit, but at least nothing was hanging out.

Honestly, I didn't think I'd ever wear a normal suit again, because I have a big tummy and a sizeable tummy flap.

But lately it was just getting too big, and also, I was wishing I had more of a swim-oriented suit because I do laps...

So, I took the plunge and bought myself a miracle suit. Very sporty looking and NO SKIRT.

It came in the mail yesterday, I tried it on, and it LOOKS GREAT!!!

My tummy looks fine and I'm realizing that I'm just not as huge as I used to be-- and also WAY more fit-- so I've got much better abdominal tone.

CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR IT TO THE POOL TODAY!!

BYE BYE OLD LADY SKIRT FOREVER!!!!!!!
  • That is awesome. You are much braver than I will ever be
  • OH SO COOL!!!!! That is just awesome! And of COURSE your tummy is smaller... you've lost 50 pounds! Goooo you!
  • Way to go!!! That is a great NSV!
  • Congratulations! That sounds wonderful
  • Yay! I wish I looked good in a bathing suit

Hey, i'm wondering. I guess i'm message board language deficit, but what does NSV stand for?
  • NSV = Non-Scale Victory

Congrats on the uber-suit!!!

• of course!

I love that!!
  • That's wonderful! Congratulations!
  • Yay! I think the best part of your NSV is having the self-confidence to know you look great and go out in public in your new suit. Congratulations!
  • What a great NSV!! I have a suit that I want to look good in by my ski trip, because there's a hot tub. I haven't worn it since I was 17 I think! Eep!
  • that's a great one! g'bye granny suit! hello, hot mermaid chick!

on that note, off to the gym with me
  • Congrats!!
  • I cant wait to be able to comfortably wear a bathing suit! You must be so happy! Congratulations....!!!
  • Well, for those of you who think you can't wear a bathing suit, I can only say that you should check out the MIRACLE SUIT.

It was pricey, but SO WORTH IT. It really smooths out the bumps...

On the other hand, "looking good" is all a question of definition.

I mean, I still look like I weigh 240 pounds, but it's been YEARS since I've swum in a normal bathing suit that didn't have a skirt on it.... and personally, I think it's more comfortable to lap swim without the dang skirt!