3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Feel like I'm starving! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/185773-feel-like-im-starving.html)

nicoledg 11-03-2009 09:55 PM

Feel like I'm starving!

Hey Everyone,

I'm on day 2 of doing low carb, and I feel like I'm going to eat the cat soon! :o I don't know if it's just a matter of getting used to it or what...I'm eating lots of protien, veggies, salad and eggs. Todays menu looked like this;

2 eggs scrambled with one slice of pemeal bacon and green onions
Coleslaw w/ low carb dressing
chicken soup without noodles
4 slices of fat free ham
5 pickles
2 hard boiled eggs

I woke up really late and ate breakfast at noon, I didn't feel hungry at all until about 4pm, and since then I feel like I'm starving and I can't seem to quench that feeling at all...any suggestions?

Justwant2Bhealthy 11-03-2009 10:05 PM

Not enuff food for the day -- enuff for BF and lunch, but where's dinner? Need some lean meat and veggies. You said you are on "LOW" carb: that looks like NO carb and no wonder your body is screaming at you to eat something. No fruit there; very few veggies (wouldn't keep a bunny going); no dairy (ie cheese or milk); no whole grains at all; no snacks; just too little and very unbalanced ...

To me, low carb means minimum 3 whole grains a day + plus + lots of veggies, lean meats, salads, dairy, eggs, milk, fruit (at least 2 a day), nuts, good fats like olive or canola oil; plus vitamins and supplements if needed ...

Trying Yet Again 11-03-2009 10:08 PM

I've felt "starved" ever since I have been trying to lose weight...six months. The one thing that has helped me is chewing sugar free gum when I feel hungry and can't stand anymore. My favorite is Trident Xtra Care spearment flavor. Trident claims this gum "strengthens and rebuilds your teeth." I certainly don't know if there is any thruth to the claim, but chewing gum has really helped me out when I was sure I was about to go on a binge.

nicoledg 11-03-2009 10:09 PM

I'm on a metabolic diet and dairy isn't allowed in the induction phase, neither is fruit...

JustBeckyV 11-03-2009 10:34 PM

Makes me hungry just looking at it! maybe add some more veggies and i agree lean protein.

Suezeeque 11-04-2009 03:24 AM

Not enough food. Are you doing Atkins? go to their website and find some typical menus. When I tried Atkins, twice, my problem was that I was never hungry with all the protein. But, I couldn't stay on the diet because I hated the restrictions and missed carbs too much. some people love it.

starfishkitty 11-04-2009 04:02 AM

So be it that you're not allowed to have dairy or fruit, but seriously that's definitely not enough food for the day. If you can't have any of those things... at least add some more veggies and proteins.

Have you checked out what you're supposed to have a day, calorie wise? It depends on your weight, height, age, etc. You can find a caloric calculator here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

First find your BMR, then put it into the Daily Calorie needs calculator and figure it out from there. It should show you how many calories you need a day at least, and you should never go below 1200 calories, no matter what diet you're on. It's just not safe.

Good luck and be healthy! :)

cfmama 11-04-2009 11:30 AM

I know there are lots here on low/no carb diets and I am fairly sure they are eating WAY MORE than that and losing weight just fine! Why don't you check out the atkins section for some tips and menu ideas?

Lyn2007 11-04-2009 11:33 AM

How about a bowl of beans? WHen I did South Beach and felt like I was starving, I'd eat beans and always feel better.

If not, then how about a can of tuna or a chicken breast? You need more food IMO.

ubergirl 11-04-2009 12:19 PM

Agree with everyone. I would starve on that much food. You need something bulky-- more protein and veggies

HeaterAS 11-04-2009 01:17 PM

Oh goodness, I would be hungry too!!! For sure eat some veggies or protein!

rockinrobin 11-04-2009 01:24 PM

I'd be starving too! I could see where the cat would start looking a tad enticing. ;)

Pickles? Where's your veggies instead? Greens. More protein. Soup. Beans. For me it's breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Sometimes it's even 2 snacks between meals.

Losing weight, consistently and steadily can't occur if we don't stick with our plan. I really don't see how this is sustainable, never mind long term, but short term as well,- like 1/2 a day. Maybe?? This to me seems like one of those long ago, low calorie "diets" that I would do for 3 days tops and then practically keel over and then eat everything in sight (look out cat ;)). You need to eat to lose weight. Good, whole, nutritious foods that give your body the vitamins, minerals, nutrients and energy that it needs. This spells suffering to me. Which spells disaster. Which spells binge. binge. binge. Gain weight. Gain weight. Gain weight. I would definitely consider revising that menu and re-think how you want to go about your "lifestyle change".

I know it seems all daunting and foreign to you right now. But with a little tweaking here and there, you will learn what's works best for you - and what doesn't.