Old 11-03-2009, 07:29 AM   #31  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Count me in on the freezing train too! It used to be that I was pulling off layers of clothes because I was too warm. Summer heat didn't really bother me though. Maybe because my body temp was similar to the outside heat? But now I am freezing. I am already wearing more layers (I started in September) than I wore 2 winters ago. I wore layers all summer long at work in the AC. This summer was way too cool for me--I kept hoping for some 95+ with humidity! We spent 2 weeks in DC this summer and it wasn't hot enough for me. I am seriously concerned about this winter. I am on the lookout for a long down parka--think Nanook of the North! I did see some at Eddie Bauer last week but they were over my price range.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #32  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I know!!! I was always the one who was burning up all the time, always hot. Now Ive been freezing! I cant believe it!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #33  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Last night was crazy. I had 4 blankets on (my husband had 2) as well as my pajamas. My husband set out a 5th blanket for me just in case I needed it.

Of course the hard thing is getting out of bed because I am so warm and comfy and I don't want to get up but I got out quickly and put more clothes on.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #34  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Haven't read through all the way yet, and maybe someone else posted for Evilwoman ... but if you get cold after you eat ... GET THAT THYROID TESTED!!! and by a doctor that recognizes and understands Subclinical Hypothyroidism. This is a classic symptom of it, and fixing a sluggish thyroid can feel like a miracle.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #35  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hey ICU,
I get my thyroid checked every year and its always normal.
FYi, I have Raynauds.

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 11-03-2009 at 03:44 PM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I've always had a slightly low body temperature, but in the last few years it's been dropping even further. It averages only about 97.2 degrees. I also have low thyroid (but still a bit above the point that my doctor will consider medicating).

For the past several years, I've been having more and more difficulty maintaining a comfortable temperature and it's definitely been increasingly at the "too cold" end. It did start before the weight loss (and about the time the thyroid levels started dropping).

I have a particular problem with my breasts (this is really weird and embarassing). They'll hurt so bad that I finally resorted to using pocket handwarmers in my bra. I go to the hunting/fishing aisle in Walmart and buy them by the dozens (in long strips of attached packages).

They can get too hot, so I wrap them in a sock and put one in each bra cup. It feels foolish. I developed eary so never really had the experience of stuffing socks in my bra (except in Halloween costumes).

Hubby thinks it's hilarious, and teases me that one of these days someone is going to notice "steam" coming from my chest.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #37  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Kaplods you CRACK ME UP! That is hilarious!!!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #38  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I look forward to not being the hot one in the office. Right now I have two fans going on me. I always feel like the odd man out.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
Kaplods you CRACK ME UP! That is hilarious!!!!!!
It is funny, but it works so well, I really did consider what it would take to market a heated bra - or bra inserts. Apparently the japanese beat me to it (a bra with microwaveable gel inserts that you heat and insert into the bra cups).
Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #40  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I've always had a slightly low body temperature, but in the last few years it's been dropping even further. It averages only about 97.2 degrees. I also have low thyroid (but still a bit above the point that my doctor will consider medicating).
Did you know that the average woman's BBT sits between 97.0 and 97.7 when she isn't pregnant or in her luteal phase?

I've been charting mine (so fascinating!) and I've been around 97.2. It is interesting how much our BBT can tell about someone, though!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:04 AM   #41  

My average temp doesn't disturb me as much as my lows, or the fact that I almost never get a fever (at least one that a medical professional will recognize).

On several occoasions, I've had a severe sinus infection, but was unable to convince doctors of that until it had worsened into bronchitis or even pneumonia. I'd go in to the doctor's office or the walk-in clinic and TELL them I had an infections, and they'd tell me no I didn't, because I didn't have a fever - and I'd tell them that anything over 98 degrees WAS my fever (though I will sometimes also have a temperature DROP when I'm sick - trying to convince a doctor that 96.4 IS a problem, isn't any easier).

The bout with pneumonia before the last one - my doctor lectured me on not coming in for treatment when I noticed a fever - and I told him I had, but the walk-in doctor wouldn't believe me that I HAD a fever, because my temp wasn't exceeding 98.2. By the time it reached 99, I was extremely ill (It doesn't help that my doctor can never see patients last-minute, so I'm forced to see a random doctor at the walk-in). Their new digital patient histories are a help though, because I can now prove to the walk-in doctors that I just don't get typical fevers when ill - so lack of a fever does not mean lack of an infection in my case.

It just dawned on me when my temperature first dropped below what a doctor considered normal. The lowest I remember it ever being was 95.something - I was in grade school, about 10 or 11 (Hmm, just realized age 9 or 10 is when I had my first period - I wonder if there was a puberty connection). It was actually the first time my temperature had ever been measured below 98.0 - and it seems to me that it was the "start" of my temperature dropping below normal, and I'm not sure it ever returned to what my "old normal" had been (again, I wonder if puberty had something to do with it). My pediatritian at the time, suspected a virus - and he told us that some viruses can lower body temperature as well as cause a fever. In hind-sight though, the timing does seem interesting.

Last edited by kaplods; 11-04-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #42  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

My DH teases me that I shiver just like our chihuahua....I'm always cold now and in the summer it gets around 100 and high humidity, yet I always carried a sweater with me esp when I go to the grocery store

The winter I bundle up and look like the Michelin man
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #43  
Fit by Spring Break!

S/C/G: 235/211/150

HA! When I saw 19 degrees I was like...no wonder you're cold!

DUH..Americans haven't caught up with the times and switched to the more reasonable metric system...silly us :P
MathGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:33 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Yep, me too! I was sort of expecting threads like this to start popping up now that it's autumn for many 3FCers, lol.

I have a pair of electric socks that I got years ago as a present. They run on batteries and keep my feet toasty warm (mmmmm). Unfortunately, I also need an electric nose warmer, lol!

Last edited by yoyoma; 11-08-2009 at 05:33 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #45  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I too am sooo cold already that I don't know how I am gonna make it through winter. I drive a school bus with a "no idle" policy until the outside temp drops below freezing. Even then i can only "idle" empty for 15 minutes until temps drop to sub zero. Sounds ok but I have a 35 minute layover in the morning between runs. When I shut the bus off, all the heat drains out in a matter of a minute or so. Guess I'll be bring a comforter to wrap up in this year. Sometimes I miss my built in insulation, but then again.....I don't miss the clothes I wore then.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote