Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! The conference is going great so far! Food choices have been pretty good. Lots of walking, which is good. We'll hit the gym later.

Beverlyjoy--oh no! Sending lots of healthy thoughts!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:00 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

hubby picked beans and they are on cooking now. I will have greens with mine and some beets. If i can stay away from the cornbread I will do great!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #18  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Dang. I had a reply and then it went away. Try again...

Had a good on plan food day yesterday, so that was good. I wanted to go get some ice cream, but I talked myself out of that, so little victory. I went to the gym this morning and did my weights. I might be sore tomorrow, but it felt good to get it done. Just have to keep on track.

dgramie: Mmmm! Cornbread. Stay strong!

MJ: Glad the conference is going well!

Heater: It is so hard to come back after being sick. Keep trying. Hope you get to feeling back to 100% soon!

Hi to everyone else!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #19  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Hey all, just checking in!

Yesterday was great... I stayed within my calorie limit even though I went out to eat for lunch, and managed to stay away from the leftover halloween candy at work. So far today I've stayed on plan, even though someone brought in donuts to work today in edition to the leftover candy from Monday, I did not have a bite! I found it helpful to verbalize that I was not going to eat any, because I didn't want to go back on my word.

One thing I've noticed is that even though I'm eating 2,000 calories a day, I'm still pretty hungry at night. It is sooo hard for me to resist snacking, and I've been trying hard not to eat anything after 8pm. I think it's just because I got used to eating larger portions again, and eating whenever I felt hungry so my body just needs to readjust. I know 2,000 calories should be plenty for me to feel full on, and I've made sure to try and eat foods that have a lot of fiber and protein.

Now... to do my exercises and get some laundry and work done!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #20  
Finding my way

S/C/G: Start 274/Current 260/Goal 150

Height: 5'5"

I'm new here but going to give this a try even though we're half way through to nov 8. I've had a good/bad week. I told myself I would get through to exercising at our local fitness center (its free and my kids are in school so I have zero excuses). For the rest of the week thursday & friday at the very least, I will go exercise, walk on the treadmill or whatever i'm in the mood for. Do I come back here and report in next week or how does this work? Or is it simply for ourselves to write it down and kick ourselves in the butt?
TexanGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:09 PM   #21  
is recommitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanGal View Post
I'm new here but going to give this a try even though we're half way through to nov 8. I've had a good/bad week. I told myself I would get through to exercising at our local fitness center (its free and my kids are in school so I have zero excuses). For the rest of the week thursday & friday at the very least, I will go exercise, walk on the treadmill or whatever i'm in the mood for. Do I come back here and report in next week or how does this work? Or is it simply for ourselves to write it down and kick ourselves in the butt?
TexanGal: you can post your menus, different goals you have for the day/week, and report on how well you did. It's also helpful to get advice, talk about problems you're having and get encouragement. Just write whatever you want... and welcome to the group I've been here off and on for over a year now, I actually just started posting again a few weeks ago. These ladies are wonderful

On another note, I've lost all the weight I gained over the weekend plus another half pound, so I am BACK!

Last edited by rakel; 11-04-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #22  
Finding my way

S/C/G: Start 274/Current 260/Goal 150

Height: 5'5"

Rakel thanks for the welcome and info and HEY congrats on the weight loss + 1/2 lb.
TexanGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:58 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/179/130

Good for you Rakel, great news that you're losing
weight that is!
And hi Texangal, I'm new too, trying to log in here whenever I feel a craving....like now!

Not too successful today, which is a real shame cos I've lost 7 pounds in 10 days from just eating healthy - now come the mind games where I tell myself it's only water, what I eat doesn't matter, that weight loss won't last....NO none of that is true is it?

today's resultant bad day:
bf - 2 slices toast w/ butter, marmite and jam (not together)
snack - half slice choc brownie + 1 oatmeal cookie
lunch - a 'friend' brought round potato chips. I resisted then ate about 50g.
- 2 scrambled eggs no oil, a pear
snack - other half of choc brownie, apple, two meal mates, cheese, piccallili
tea - macaroni cheese, smidge of bacon, meat patties
now - three small squares 70% dark choc!!!

damn!
angelfoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:12 AM   #24  

Today no breakfast, I slept through it! I LOVE not having class on Fridays! Lunch is going to be more lentils(i might be slightly obsessed), with some carrots and green beans mixed in, some nice hot potatoes, banana, and maybe some sausage. All mixed together(except for the banana, of course). And a raw carrot too, because I love raw veggies. Dinner tonight, we are going to an apéritif, so I have to be careful not to snack too much.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone !!!!

TGIF!!!!!! I am off this weekend and have a whole slew of stuff to do or catch up on. Why is it always that way....lol.

Tried a couple times to log in yesterday but I just kept stalling, don't know if it was my connection or the website.

Food has been ok, could be better.

Hope everyone has a great OP day !!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #26  
is recommitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfoxer View Post
Good for you Rakel, great news that you're losing
weight that is!
And hi Texangal, I'm new too, trying to log in here whenever I feel a craving....like now!

Not too successful today, which is a real shame cos I've lost 7 pounds in 10 days from just eating healthy - now come the mind games where I tell myself it's only water, what I eat doesn't matter, that weight loss won't last....NO none of that is true is it?
I bet some of it is water, but it's because our bodies are retaining more water than they should. I bet at least some of it is fat though, too. I always start out losing a bunch of weight the first month, and then it levels out after that. At first it's really discouraging, and the last time I ended up stopping and then gained everything back and then some, so this time I'm preparing myself for that. You'll see a drop off, but don't be discouraged! It's normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfoxer View Post
today's resultant bad day:
bf - 2 slices toast w/ butter, marmite and jam (not together)
snack - half slice choc brownie + 1 oatmeal cookie
lunch - a 'friend' brought round potato chips. I resisted then ate about 50g.
- 2 scrambled eggs no oil, a pear
snack - other half of choc brownie, apple, two meal mates, cheese, piccallili
tea - macaroni cheese, smidge of bacon, meat patties
now - three small squares 70% dark choc!!!

damn!
Lots of sweets in there! Once you indulge in a little, you end up wanting more. At least that's how it is for me. Then again, if I ignore it altogether I have much more success. Out of sight, out of mind.

Of course, today I had a little bit of chocolate and ate an extra dinner roll when I went out to eat than I had planned, but over all I stayed within my calories, AND lost another .5lbs... on a roll
Old 11-07-2009, 07:53 AM   #27  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'm home. We had a great time! I did ok, overall, w/ food, could have done better....but every time you turn around there is food at these things. I went overboard on desert a couple times, but that's ok. We walked a lot and I drank LOTS of water. Now that I am home, back on track!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #28  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

been so ridiculously busy since I started work, if it's not real work it's side training or orientation, etc. will try and stop in some more.

state board testing for cosmetology on monday!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #29  
is recommitted

Last night hubby wanted to get a movie at blockbuster, so we walked over (it's literally right next to our apartment complex), and while he was there he bought some soda and a king size Twix. I'm proud to say that I did not eat any of it since I was already over my calories and it was unplanned sweets. I thought I would give in, but once the movie started I didn't even think about it.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #30  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Good job Rakel! You stayed strong!

I'm having a good weekend so far, staying on plan. I hope it works out well for me on weigh in day tomorrow!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote