NOVEMBER NSV's

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
  • I had ZERO Halloween candy, Nada! And I am fine with it
  • I went to the allergist today to seek some relief. I am allergic to nothing! Which doesn't really help my symptoms.

HOWEVER. While she was sticking me with 20 needles, the nurse said, "You've got some real definition in your arms." I am the most self-conscious about my arms, so that was nice to hear for sure.

Also, I have a date on Wednesday. Not with the guy I want to be dating, but it's good practice, I suppose. And I am pretty out of practice, so it'll be good for me.
  • I had only one piece of candy on Halloween and one the day after.
  • I didn't cave & eat any popcorn tonight, & I REALLY was wanting some!
  • Mine is finishing my 15k and Running the whole way and exceeding my pace expectations! Yeay!
  • I'm joining fitwayoflife and Lyn2007 with NO Halloween candy - WAY TO GO GIRLS!!
  • WTG Idealmuse! Still an inspiration to the rest of us.
  • Random NSV.....

Just got out of the shower.... couldn't find my robe for some reason, musta left it in my room after my last shower... so I grabbed a normal sized towel and figured I'd just dash to my room and hope no one saw........ but whhhhaat?? It fit completely around me! With nothing showing!!!

• For the past 2 grocery store trips, I have not bought Baked Lays, which are not so bad for you in controlled portions, but I almost always used to binge on them. I go right past the chip aisle.
  • I went down a size in scrubs at work, its means a lot because they are color coated so everyone can see what size they are. I no longer wear the biggest size and I never will again
  • I moved my belt down another notch!
  • I can get my skinny jeans zipped! These are the smallest jeans I own! They fit for 10 minutes in 2000 and 5 minutes in 2003! Can't wear them out in public yet--but they zipped! OMG they are so small. I can't believe I can get my L (not XL, another NSV!) self into them!
  • Well, several...

1. I FINALLY dealt with my hair. I don't know... maybe a part of me didn't want to let go of that frumpy image... I had shoulder length frizzy hair that was washed out and very gray at the roots. I spent a bundle and got a super good cut. I feel like a WHOLE NEW WOMAN.

2. I was out of town this weekend because I had to go to an event where I was being honored and had to give a talk, plus a big dinner the night before. Usually when I go to this stuff, I think people are staring at me and thinking "Her? I can't believe she's anyone... she looks like an old bag..." This time, I had to get my picture taken about a hundred times and I really didn't mind. I KNEW I looked fine. I'm not slim yet, but I am no longer so obese that I look out of place. I notice a difference in the way people treat me, but I still have to remind myself that I look good and should feel confident.
  • Ubergirl..pics of your new cut!!!