OT: Halloween help

• So my mum found some old dresses of mine in the back of one of her closets and posted them over. One of them was bought for my Year 12 ball 14(!) years ago, and it fits again! (It's a Large! No X's!) I'm thrilled, as you can imagine, and I want to use Halloween as an excuse to wear it again.

However, I'm having trouble coming up with a character to go as, and I'd prefer not to go as "random person in an out of fashion ball-dress". I was hoping I could borrow everyone's creativity to come up with someone or something that I can go as wearing this:

It's a terrible photo, I know. The dress is sort of faux renaissance/medieval, navy blue, velvet lace up bodice, double skirt that almost hits the ground with lots of lace around the bottom. Any ideas? (I also have a black velvet cloak that could also be useful)

• Argh, no picture! It's on my blog, if you click though the link in my signature.
  • cant see the picture?
  • wow you could go as a peasant girl or cinderella.
  • http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...OsXIlAeR-Oj_BA
  • ware the cape, get some striped tights, and I see a sexy witch costume.
  • Maybe a medieval witch? a pointed hat and some boots, with an overcoat like this? http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/...AAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg Maybe a fake wart on your chin? and long fingernails?
  • the witch thing might be good, cinderella and peasant popped into my mind as well, with some of the halloween makeup and a cheap tiara you could do something like zombie prom queen. It might make a good dark fairy if you could get some wings and a bit of glitter makeup or something. I could see it going well as a vampire's dress also.
  • Fairy, beer wench, witch, vampire...its not the dress, its the accessories you need to worry about...lol! Nice dress btw, I have one like it in white with green accents.
  • I think a serving wench or maybe a sexy lady pirate? Cute dress!
  • Thanks for all the ideas! I think you're right, it's all about the accessories, so I'm going to swing by a party store tomorrow and see if anything jumps out.
  • It kind of makes me think of Fiona from Shrek, but that's probably just because the dress looks green in the photo. Still, with a long, braided red wig and some green face paint, you could pull off Princess Fiona if you wanted.
  • fairy, for sure! so cute!
  • Thanks for all the ideas guys! A friend of mine had a bunch of pirate accessories, so I used so of them, my red boots and a scarf and a chain of coins on it around my head and went as a gypsy. I had a great night, and felt wonderful. Dressing up is fun